Round 9 - Warriors vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

His other pronounciations were fine, but there were times where he was just saying Martel instead of Mah-Tay-Oh.
He doesnt say Martel he says "Mah-teh-or" but really fast which is how you're meant to say it.Its definitely not 'Mah-Tay-Oh'...thats the incorrect pronunciation most commentators say.

It doesnt sound like hes saying Martel to me...anyway he pronounces it correctly over the other commentators.

Example 1: Corey Norman kicks Warriors smother it, ball ricochets back against Norman, then fumble ball on the ground, Hoffman picks it up and runs away. Robinson calls it back for a knock on, initially claiming Norman knocked on when it went back to him...then changed his mind and gave us the feed....if he'd let play go on, who knows what would've happened?

Example 2: Maloney loses the ball after running it on the last, ball fumbles around, Broncos get it...rules a knock on against the Broncos?!?

Example 3: Warriors kick ahead, Gillett regathers, plants ball in field of play, is dragged back onto the line. Instead of a penalty, he rules line drop out.

Examples 2 and 3 led to the Lillyman try on half time.

Sounds like we got screwed. Did thaiday ask him about the decisions or did we cop it as we usually do?

Thaiday asked. Parker too at a different stage. Definitely weren't just accepting it.

F**k the refs. They're mostly always going to be shite. Good, consistent football will always win.

Watching the replay, seems to me, for good or bad, all of the their tries came from Broncos mistakes, whereas ours were from clever plays.

Blame Beale if you like, but their first try was due to disgraceful defence which gave them a 2 man overlap. There was no one to meet Lillyman front on, and Mateo fell through a huge hole in the line defence. Who is organising the defence?

Stuff to work on.

I've been saying it all year, our middle 1/3rd defence has been absolutely disgraceful at times. In fact I believe at least 90% of the tries scored against us this year have either started from linebreaks through the middle, or just barged over through the middle.

McCulloughs kicking game was fairly woeful after Wallace went off and Hunt was ordinary to say the least. Warriors were in our face all night in attack and defence. Beales 2 misses didn't help get us off to a flying start but we had plenty of time to make amends. Too many mistakes, bad kicking options and bugger all set plays gave us our 2nd loss of the year.

Can't wait for the Manly game to see how we bounce back.

Yep. As great as Macca was, it was probably up to him to step up when Wallace went off and do some more organisation. Hunt coming off the bench to replace Wallace had to just step into his shoes, but Macca needed to be getting his pigs organised better, and make sure there was a kicker ready on the last.

And Macca should never, ever, EVER be putting in short kicks on the attacking line. I think I've seen him do one good one in his whole career.

I would now be more inclined to drop Beale than Copley his game is improving as a winger especially his hands he does make some poor reads but generally he is going alright now.

Beale isnt a winger,he doesnt have the speed or aerial game for that position.He will always be a utility.

I don't think he is going to get any game time at the Dragons... Morris is doing pretty well at fullback and Nightingale and Vidot are far better wingers. He better hope for some injuries...

agreed. Morris is ok in attack but not seeing much from him in cover defence or anything

Agree with Rock and Coxy. His positioning in defence is ordinary I reckon. Overall I think Beale would be a better fit at fullback for them.

Went back to look at the opening try which I thought came off a couple of sus decisions and on second view I think I was right.

#1 Macca penalised for being offside despite the ball coming off of him. Not a biggy as I still think Macca knocked on and the Warriors would have had the ball in a similar position but definitely the wrong ruling.

#2 Glenn ruled to have knocked the ball on when Johnson lost it. This one is touch & go but looking at the one angle it looks like Glenn was just playing at the arms. Bit of a tough one.

I have to agree with you Brizz, I actually think Copley has been really good so far. He seems to be super safe and hasn't done anything wrong really(besides his first game). If I had to drop one at this point in time it would be Beale for Gagai.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.