Rugby League Hall of Fame - BHQ Style

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Alright screw the immortals, Inducting Andrew Johns was a joke considering the players who should be ahead of him. So I thought maybe we could do our own 'Hall Of Fame' here on BHQ and give the awards a little bit more meaning and respect.

Let me know if you're keen to give it a shot and submit ideas on how we can decide who goes in.

I've actually thought about this, trying to get the members of all fan sites to come up with a rugby league hall of fame, like properly, try to get the players involved and stuff. but there would probably be waaaay too many agendas.

I'm keen on this, and I'm keen to get other supporter forums on board. I personally think it would work better on dedicated forums, and exclude RL and LU as you are going to get bias results.

Perhaps a vote at each individual forum with players dating back from that club, then bring all the results togetherand vote again with all the players.

But make the individual forums make it a voting competition to like, 3 players from each club.

I'd be game.

Only problem is, how many of us have actually seen the likes of Provan, Churchill, Langlands, Fulton & Lewis play let alone Messenger, Brown and the like?

The reason the Immortals concept was brought to life was to honour the best players those journalists had actually seen. I reckon the average member could only go back as far as Meninga, Langer, Daley & co.

Last edited:
I'm sure an Internet forum making a Rugby League hall of game will make it mean so much.

I don't understand how it would work. I don't see the point.

I think it will be interesting to see what fans across boards thing, and see how they all vote. It's just for a bit of fun, no different to Player of the season.

I think we would see some players gather a few votes across all the boards. Johns, Meninga, Lockyer ect are sure to have respect from everyone if taken serious.

I think the point is the journos tend to repeat their own Bullshit so much that they believe it, and assume everyone else does too.

I think it's a great idea to get genuine views of fans about the game's greats

Its not that Joey isn't deserving on ability solely however Mal should have gone in first. Also Glen Lazarus should have gone in prior to now.

Its not that Joey isn't deserving on ability solely however Mal should have gone in first. Also Glen Lazarus should have gone in prior to now.

Yep. This is my biggest gripe.

I think this is a great idea. As others have already said it would work best if it were modern day hall of fame as none of us have ever actually seen guys like messenger or Churchill etc play besides little snippets you sometimes see.

Sounds fun so count me in

20th Century Hall of Fame

Decade 6 etc ......for the very old, best of the fifties..etc decade 7 best of the sixties..decade 8 etc forums to put forward their best 3 after an internal vote...and seeing as BHQ runs it you could cheat a bit by weeding out the anti qld bias when you sniff it out. I don't know anything about other forums so I'm guessing some of them are dodgy..going on the comments on this forum.

We've had a few from other forums pop on and say hello, maybe if they came out of hiding we could work something out between us all.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wild Horse
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Brotherdu
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.