RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

In saying that, it wouldn't surprise me. They need to offload someone to get Burgess in. So, release their broken fullback, who lives off his QLD glory, and send him to another club.

Oh and another thing I picked up on is that he only said we're announcing the signing next season, and the fact that he said "probably before the season starts" tends to imply to me that the signing is for 2017 onwards.. Which kind of does worry me that it's old Inglis.. :/

Seriously [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION]? Invoke was a VERY big reason Souths won so comfortably last year. Saying he is old and broken is a bit of a stretch.

Inglis played broken for the last few games. The trouble is he has too many games when it looks like he couldn't give a toss

In saying that, it wouldn't surprise me. They need to offload someone to get Burgess in. So, release their broken fullback, who lives off his QLD glory, and send him to another club.

Current club captain though so I'd be shocked if they released him to sign Burgess.

.....and agreed, not interested in him. We made the GF without him FFS, not required imo

I would love Inglis here personally. At 28 he is in his peak years. I also think we could manage him better than Souths have as we wouldn't need him to play injured as much as they do. In my opinion, they have contributed to his injury problems by not resting him when they needed to. Wayne wouldnt let that happen.

I know he let us down badly when he backflipped, but he is an absolute star. Cant see it happening though.

Really hope whatever it is comes out sooner than later so I don't have to keep speculating about it. On the topic of Inglis we've already got a stable team together that will be around for the future and he is the same age as Boyd so we don't really need him regardless of how great he is.

Hayne would be the ultimate.
Burgess would be awesome.
Folau would be great.
Inglis would be a mistake.

Didnt some people say bringing back Bennett would be a mistake :smile:

If GI came at the right price id be happy with him playing in the centres...he has been injured a bit lately but he's only 28... Jesus no more injury prone than Hodges, and while he isn't as quick as he used to be he's still got pace. But only if it happens next season, too late in 2017

I dunno man, I just can't imagine Hayne in our jersey. It would be the weirdest fucking conflict of emotions.

If everything that's been said IS real. . It has to be Inglis.

Dunno how i feel about it. . And i HIGHLY doubt it's a thing.

If it was a thing, he'd play Centre and you'll all be happy to see the back of Reed right? ?

Would we see that? That is a mighty big assumption to make that Reed would be the one to go if he was signed even if you wanted that. Bennett may have other thoughts including where he would actually play and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have other plans then those of simply wanting Reed gone.

Three scenarios I see from this if Inglis was signed in no particular order

1. Boyd moved out onto the wing or into the centres to make room for Inglis who has really stepped up another level since making the move to fullback, so much so when he has played centre in recent seasons especially SOO his been disappointing and would need to improve, don't take that as me saying he isn't capable of. I know people will say Boyd is Bennett's pet and would never move him, but Bennett also said Boyd was currently the club's best fullback, that would change.

2. Assuming he does play centre the possibility still exists that Reed remains in the centres.

3. Like above but instead of Reed someone like Kahu, Copley etc

Even if it's true about Inglis, I don't regard it as our biggest signing ever anyway. Bennett, Lewis, Miles, Dowling, Conescu, Scott gave us instant credibility as a franchise, Langer and Lazarus would lay the foundation for future premierships. Tallis and Mundine were big figures during the Super league war etc

Last edited:
Would we see that? That is a mighty big assumption to make that Reed would be the one to go if he was signed even if you wanted that. Bennett may have other thoughts including where he would actually play and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have other plans then those of simply wanting Reed gone.

Three scenarios I see from this if Inglis was signed in no particular order

1. Boyd moved out onto the wing or into the centres to make room for Inglis who has really stepped up another level since making the move to fullback, so much so when he has played centre in recent seasons especially SOO his been disappointing and would need to improve, don't take that as me saying he isn't capable of. I know people will say Boyd is Bennett's pet and would never move him, but Bennett also said Boyd was currently the club's best fullback, that would change.

2. Assuming he does play centre the possibility still exists that Reed remains in the centres.

3. Like above but instead of Reed someone like Kahu, Copley etc

Even if it's true about Inglis, I don't regard it as our biggest signing ever anyway. Bennett, Lewis, Miles, Dowling, Conescu, Scott gave us instant credibility as a franchise, Langer and Lazarus would lay the foundation for future premierships. Tallis and Mundine were big figures during the Super league war etc

We're talking about Minto right? Biggest travesty in our history when we let him walk to the Cowboys. They would never have won a premiership if we has held on to the greatest player ever to grace any sport.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Ondi
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • maddo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.