RUMOR: Israel Folau

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Israel Folau at training in London on th...CODE hopper Israel Folau has hinted the Wayne Bennett factor could entice him back to the Broncos.
After an unsuccessful stint in the AFL, former rugby league star Folau is two years into a three-year contract with Australian Rugby.
What he’ll do after that is anybody’s guess, and he admits his future could hold a return to the NRL.
Close to signing with Parramatta before linking with the Wallabies, Folau mentioned the attraction of joining the Broncos and playing under Bennett when he faced the media at the Wallabies’ Cardiff hotel ahead of Saturday’s Test match against Wales.
Folau spent two seasons with the Broncos under Ivan Henjak.
He never got the chance to play for Bennett, joining the club the season after he left to coach the St George Illawarra Dragons.
“Obviously I’ve played rugby league and that could be an option; playing rugby in Australia or elsewhere … there’s options everywhere,’’ he said.
“Everyone would love to play under Wayne. Everyone says good things about him. He’s certainly a great coach but more so they talk about him as a great person.”
Folau ruled out following Jarryd Hayne to the NFL and said he wouldn’t have walked away from the ARU if his close mate Kurtley Beale had been sacked over the recent text scandal.
Folau said he was no certainty to quit the Wallabies if they win next year’s Rugby World Cup.
“I knew I’d get asked those questions,” he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...brisbane-broncos/story-e6freon6-1227113920627

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

But we don't need another fullback

When has Folau ever been a fullback?

Please be fucking true! Please!
Maybe that's why the Boyd announcement fell through. We're using the money for someone actually worth it!

Dave Smith should be on the blower to Folau's manager ASAP to tell him he will use the discretionary fund to bring Folau back to league.

Dave Smith should be on the blower to Folau's manager ASAP to tell him he will use the discretionary fund to bring Folau back to league.

You don't honestly think the NRL would do anything to help us out, do you

No not with the current Sydneycentric idiocy in charge but even if Folau comes back with the Roosters, I just want the best players in our game.

I would like to think that the NRL know they need a win after losing Burgess, SBW and Hayne.

Folau is exactly the kind of player they need to lure back into the NRL. If Izzy wants to return to the Broncos, I think the NRL would do everything in their power to bring him back.

This whole "NRL are against us" stuff is rubbish. Let's not be like the Cowboys supporters..

Last edited:

How many of our youngsters would we have to lose to get Izzy though ?

Smells of Folau just raising his asking price. Even then, the NRL would hardly budge an inch to let us sign him using their marquee money. That money is for Sydney clubs for SBW, Hayne and Burgess.

Smells of Folau just raising his asking price. Even then, the NRL would hardly budge an inch to let us sign him using their marquee money. That money is for Sydney clubs for SBW, Hayne and Burgess.

And even then, someone probably just asked "would you play under Bennett", hoping to get a story out of nothing at all. Which they seem to have done.

And even then, someone probably just asked "would you play under Bennett", hoping to get a story out of nothing at all. Which they seem to have done.

100% - there is absolutely nothing in this IMHO

Isn't he predominantly a fullback now? I'd get rid of Reed, Barba and a few others, plus Hodges might retire after we win the premiership this year.

im taking this with a grain of salt.

would love it to happen though.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Rah88
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.