[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

Interesting read there it's always good to know the truth. Hunt was a very special player and even though he hasn't played league for 5 years he would've been better than Boyd.

This is Gee's **** up more than anyone else. He may have ended up the fall guy for some things that appear very shady, but I'm glad he's gone, albeit too late. It's why I cringe when people suggest we need Broncos legends back at the club whenever a position becomes available or is under pressure. Maybe as figureheads, like Lockyer, but you need business professionals doing the real work.

^ This

A fine playing career may get you a job with the big boys running the club but you can damage your reputation badly if you don't perform in the role so only go for it if you have the right qualifications. I may get flamed for this but I feel that Lockyer is to nice of a guy to be a board member. He strikes me as the sweet innocent little kid that will just agree with just go along with anything Bennett etc will say/do. He supported the old regime of Griffin and is now supporting Bennett in everything he is doing, he even supported the signing of Russell Packer.

That article gives Bennett the credit for signing Milford....fmd some people are stupid.

Didn't need hunt back, and I don't believe one word that comes out of hunts mouth. Hes worse than sonny bill in the "in it for the money" stakes.

Why would people want this bloke back? Was there a bigger example of a bloke burning the club outside of maybe Inglis? I don't want either of them playing for us by simple virtue of being shitbags.

Lots of opinions with only half the story ! Makes me laugh how the standards for others are set so high yet if faced with the same dilemmas most would act exactly the same. So few of you seem to understand its self first team second. If KHunt offered his services for two or three years then fine. As the dedicated professional he is he would have given his best and that would have been okay by me. He was one of the best ever to play for the Broncos, absolutely elite class and totally fearless. If you do the best for yourself it generally follows that you do best for the team.

My thoughts on this are that in hindsight I'm glad this 'fell through' but that doesn't excuse those 2 idiots whatsoever.

As things have turned out I'm glad that Hunt didn't come back because he would have cost far more than Boyd and when you consider how he would have to relearn the game etc. his actual output would not have been superior to Boyd's. Add to that he would have only been here for one contract and Boyd will be here for the rest of his career (can we please not use this to start the crap about he will retire when daddy does etc etc), so for all those things considered I think things turned out for the best there.

All that doesn't excuse the un-dynamic duo. In the position we were we needed Khunt, and they just let him slip.

Gee & Griffin are the symbols of the depth of mediocrity the Broncos were allowed to sink to

I cant believe people are angry that the deal fell through. Seriously the guy was quoted as saying that he was only going to play one contract out and then go to Rugby. Why should be sign him on a two or three year deal when he hasnt shown the slightest bit of loyalty towards us.

Big F you to K Hunt. I'd rather have somebody who gives a dam about the club.

I cant believe people are angry that the deal fell through. Seriously the guy was quoted as saying that he was only going to play one contract out and then go to Rugby. Why should be sign him on a two or three year deal when he hasnt shown the slightest bit of loyalty towards us.

Big F you to K Hunt. I'd rather have somebody who gives a dam about the club.

that's beside the point ... Gee / Griffin and whoever else at the broncos wouldn't have been privy to his plans to move on to Union once his contract was up ... the bottom line is this was another example of these guys failing to get it done with a potential quality recruit.

Wasn't there an article after he signed with the Suns dogging the Broncos at that time as well?

This was about the 2014 season right?

I would have had him back in a heartbeat, even if he was only staying for a year.

that's beside the point ... Gee / Griffin and whoever else at the broncos wouldn't have been privy to his plans to move on to Union once his contract was up ... the bottom line is this was another example of these guys failing to get it done with a potential quality recruit.

How do you know what they did and didnt know. For all we know Hunt wouldnt agree to more then a 2year deal and they put two and two togeather. Lets face it. The guy didnt have the best loyalty track record and they might have told him to jam it.

He left us to earn more money so why would we want him back after he was shit in AFL.

In no way am i trying to defend Gee or Griffin but i dont believe a single word that comes from Hunt's mouth.

How do you know what they did and didnt know. For all we know Hunt wouldnt agree to more then a 2year deal and they put two and two togeather. Lets face it. The guy didnt have the best loyalty track record and they might have told him to jam it.

He left us to earn more money so why would we want him back after he was shit in AFL.

In no way am i trying to defend Gee or Griffin but i dont believe a single word that comes from Hunt's mouth.

He said he wanted to stay for 1 contract not one year. I can almost guarantee he never said to them "I'm only going to stay for 1 contract"... no one would be that stupid.

I'm not concerned about the decision Griffin or Gee made in this case - Hunt would have been an awkward fit for the club. What's telling is the way they conducted business. I doubt Hunt was the first guy who was treated this way, nor the last.

I'm not concerned about the decision Griffin or Gee made in this case - Hunt would have been an awkward fit for the club. What's telling is the way they conducted business. I doubt Hunt was the first guy who was treated this way, nor the last.

This is kinda what I was also getting at but as usual you have put it much better

Completely disagree. We didn't need hunt, we had enough fullbacks. he is not, never has been, and never will be a half.

Barba could have played half all year and hoffman would never have been 6

Hunt would have been a far better half than Barba at least.

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • Organix
  • vertigo
  • barker
  • Scorchie
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • simplythebest
  • RodF
  • ezpz
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.