NEWS Run Anthony, run!

He Gets caught each time he gets the ball because he consistently gets the ball passed to him from that stupid play where the hooker passes it to a prop who takes 2 steps and then throws a slow loopey pass to him.

Croft's break in the trial against the titans showed that our attack is best off quick play the balls, running more direct and when the halves get the ball directly from the ruck.
Exactly... he gets rushed because he sits out on the left edge waiting for the ball to come to him.

I want to see him and Croft as first receivers either side of the ruck or one pass from each other ie. if Milf is second receiver I want the pass to be coming from Croft.

It's so fucking obvious when we are looking to spread it left and Milf just gets smashed.

If he's set up next to the ruck he can be close to the action whenever a quick ptb occurs and supporting Turps or Croft after they take off to attack behind the ptb... at the moment there's a quick ptb and then a slow as **** spread out to the left on the next tackle.

But it's basically been that way since 2016.

I noticed Croft likes to be right in there next to the ruck for those quick ptb... he made a bust against cows on his first touch.

Imagine if Milf was setup on the left... he would've been there in support as Croft makes the break and Croft would've had Staggs or Milf to pass to

It was only something little but in the trials I rember a try he scored he did make the bust but he put in 100% effort to catch up and be on the inside something simple like that impressed me showing he wants to put in the effort.

RunfordRun......sorry I ruined it, my bad.
ImpishUnimportantBlackpanther size restricted

The problem is is that he tries to do it every time and the opposition sees this and takes him down. He needs to be more selective when he wants to run it.

Exactly... he gets rushed because he sits out on the left edge waiting for the ball to come to him.

I want to see him and Croft as first receivers either side of the ruck or one pass from each other ie. if Milf is second receiver I want the pass to be coming from Croft.

It's so fucking obvious when we are looking to spread it left and Milf just gets smashed.

If he's set up next to the ruck he can be close to the action whenever a quick ptb occurs and supporting Turps or Croft after they take off to attack behind the ptb... at the moment there's a quick ptb and then a slow as **** spread out to the left on the next tackle.

But it's basically been that way since 2016.

I noticed Croft likes to be right in there next to the ruck for those quick ptb... he made a bust against cows on his first touch.

Imagine if Milf was setup on the left... he would've been there in support as Croft makes the break and Croft would've had Staggs or Milf to pass to

This. And I read what Seibold has said above that he wants Milf and Croft to return to the style of play we had back in '15 & '16

For mine, Milford went downhill, relatively speaking, when he/we lost our last genuine halfback in Hunt. Since then, the game plan went belly up. Milf had to do it all on his own and we saw what happened. His natural game was stifled, changed, he forced to be what he wasn't.

If you look at this highlight reel, you see what happens when Milf combined with Hunt, especially when they were on the same side, especially when they supported and combined with each other. That is what I am hoping will happen again now that we have at last a genuine halfback who also has a decent running game, which will suit a combination with Milf to a tee. Milf rejuvanted, with a game plan to suit. Can't wait.

I was opening this up expecting to see advice to Anthony Milford to get the hell out of the Broncos ASAP.

Me too...but the other Anthony.

The one who holds the clipboard and contradicts himself every other press conference.

Milford and hunt did make a good halves pairing I think if they stayed together we would have a premiership now.

This. And I read what Seibold has said above that he wants Milf and Croft to return to the style of play we had back in '15 & '16

For mine, Milford went downhill, relatively speaking, when he/we lost our last genuine halfback in Hunt. Since then, the game plan went belly up. Milf had to do it all on his own and we saw what happened. His natural game was stifled, changed, he forced to be what he wasn't.

If you look at this highlight reel, you see what happens when Milf combined with Hunt, especially when they were on the same side, especially when they supported and combined with each other. That is what I am hoping will happen again now that we have at last a genuine halfback who also has a decent running game, which will suit a combination with Milf to a tee. Milf rejuvanted, with a game plan to suit. Can't wait.

Hadn’t even trained or taught to play 5/8th in 2015 but he had a way better passing game than now....

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten why he was my favourite player back then. Long time since we've seen that passing and stepping game from him. It's a long time since we've seen him grinning like that. It's like someone sucked the life out him.

Last edited:
I feel for Milford. He's a round peg that's been jammed into a square hole for the last 3 seasons whilst getting blamed by anyone with an opinion for not fitting.

I do think we will start to see Milf get back to his 2015 form as the year goes on and Croft will be talked about as the buy of the season.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Bish
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.