International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Lodgem preseason titans

Matt Lodge can make up for his indiscretions, writes Yvonne Sampson

March 2, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
This just in: young people make mistakes. Stay with us for our evening bulletin where we continue to exaggerate and bully this person 3 years down the track.

Go **** yourself, Yvonne.

I have much respect for Vonny Samson, I expected better from her than this though. Playing puppet master is just not her style.

I really don't like that the media think they deserve to play a part in anyone's rehabilitation. It's become apparent that he's shown remorse to those that matter, even if they don't want to publicly admit it. He doesn't have to apologise to the media or us.

What was his manager thinking? Sounds like a stitch up. Were the Broncos onboard with this?

Anyways, winning justifies everything in Australian sport.

If we're 6 wins from 6 and leading the comp this hit piece for Fox League will be repackaged with sappy, violin music painting him as the bad guy who has redeemed himself.

What was his manager thinking? Sounds like a stitch up. Were the Broncos onboard with this?

Anyways, winning justifies everything in Australian sport.

If we're 6 wins from 6 and leading the comp this hit piece for Fox League will be repackaged with sappy, violin music painting him as the bad guy who has redeemed himself.

Because if Vonny asks, you say yes. How can you resist that smile?

Yvonne is meant to be a Broncos fan too. Can someone let the media know that this story is played out?

Six days before we kick off and CCTV footage of Lodge magically appears and is plastered all over the SMH and not one but three journalists write the accompanying damning piece to go with it. But there is no one driving an agenda here. This all just coincidently fell into line at this time. Hope it motivates the rest of the team to stick together and get behind him.

Not sure what everyone else read to get their feathers ruffled, but I thought that was a pretty fair, if not supportive article. One of the few less-inflammatory articles there’s been on the Lodge subject.

I think a few people might not have read through to the end.
You couldn’t write a more favourable article without ignoring the whole NY incident.

His manager needs to put him on a media blackout, not be organising two hour interviews.

Best thing is to not -- read or watch or contribute to -- any media hype, positive or negative.

Not sure what everyone else read to get their feathers ruffled, but I thought that was a pretty fair, if not supportive article. One of the few less-inflammatory articles there’s been on the Lodge subject.
Because she just couldn't resist throwing in the line about the little boy.

unfortunately, that is part of what happened ... whether you like it or not
Yes everyone's well aware of what happened it's been written about a hundred times in the last week alone. This is just another article being critical of him under the guise of being supportive in an attempt to appeal to people from both camps.

Yes everyone's well aware of what happened it's been written about a hundred times in the last week alone. This is just another article being critical of him under the guise of being supportive in an attempt to appeal to people from both camps.

I thought you wanted unbiased reporting ... apparently not.

you just want the bias to go our way instead of against it.

so in that case everyone should stop complaining about the likes of Rothfield and Kent, because it just makes you look like hypocrites ... either you want balanced unbiased journalism, or you don't ... can't have it both ways

I thought you wanted unbiased reporting ... apparently not.

you just want the bias to go our way instead of against it.

so in that case everyone should stop complaining about the likes of Rothfield and Kent, because it just makes you look like hypocrites ... either you want balanced unbiased journalism, or you don't ... can't have it both ways

Unbiased reporting like this?

Joseph and Ruth also allege Lodge has never offered an apology or shown a sense of remorse.

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.