NEWS Sampson: Lodge can make up for his past

Unbiased reporting like this?

how is that biased ... it is reporting what the victims allege ...

she never said that Lodge didn't show remorse, just what the victims have alleged. (hell, she even used that word allege. maybe you should look that word up)

I thought you wanted unbiased reporting ... apparently not.

you just want the bias to go our way instead of against it.

so in that case everyone should stop complaining about the likes of Rothfield and Kent, because it just makes you look like hypocrites ... either you want balanced unbiased journalism, or you don't ... can't have it both ways

I know we have insulted your girlfriend and I apologise for that. This isn’t unbiased reporting. It is more of the same masked by a headline suggesting it was about redemption.

how is that biased ... it is reporting what the victims allege ...

she never said that Lodge didn't show remorse, just what the victims have alleged. (hell, she even used that word allege. maybe you should look that word up)

So how about mentioning that he has offered an apology and shown a sense of remorse? That the victims are lying about that? It's pretty obvious what she was doing and I think you know that.

Yeah and we have heard it 1000 fucking times.

This is the most balanced unbiased piece of league reporting that i have seen in a very long time (at least when not written by Big Pete) ... and you along with may others are complaining about that fact ...

if you didn't realise that signing Lodge would get this sort of publicity (especially before the season kicks off) then you are extremely foolish, naive, blind or a combination of the 3

I know we have insulted your girlfriend and I apologise for that. This isn’t unbiased reporting. It is more of the same masked by a headline suggesting it was about redemption.

in absence of facts you resort to you usual BS ... maybe we should just let Rothfield and Kent run the league reporting, would that make you happy

This is the most balanced unbiased piece of league reporting that i have seen in a very long time (at least when not written by Big Pete) ... and you along with may others are complaining about that fact ...

if you didn't realise that signing Lodge would get this sort of publicity (especially before the season kicks off) then you are extremely foolish, naive, blind or a combination of the 3

When did I say I didn’t realise it? That is not unbiased reporting. Unbiased would be saying what she said but also calling out the victims lies and talking about his remorse and numerous attempts to reach a manageable compensation amount. If you can be blinded by this because you think she is hot then you are all the things you have suggested I am.

in absence of facts you resort to you usual BS ... maybe we should just let Rothfield and Kent run the league reporting, would that make you happy

Ok mate.

What a nothing article. I missed the point of it. Not sure what Yvonne adds as a columnist. May be better for her to stick to reading the teleprompter based on this weak piece.

Seriously she had a 2 hour interview and there doesn't appear to be one quote from him. At the start it sounded like it would be a league life feature but by the end it was just another character assassination.

To me the underlined sections below are just simply cheap shots included to fuel the rage of a biased reader or sway a neutral.

By the end of the meeting he was on the other side of the room.

Was he nervous? Or was he avoiding my questions?

It seems avoidance is something Matt relies on when challenged.

I wanted to hear what happened on the night he went on a violent rampage in New York.

He claims he doesn’t remember, he blacked out.

He doesn’t want to talk about being arrested at gunpoint, and thrown in the infamous Rikers Island Jail.

He blames the episode on sleeping pills given to him by a club doctor.

What do his parents, both respected police officers think of his crimes? He shrugs his shoulders.

As we enter the 2018 season, Lodge has so far avoided the ethical and very emotional debate on his return to the NRL.
To be fair the end of the article starts to move away and at least try to resemble a redemption piece... but how do you have a 2 hour interview and not come out with a single quote and then talk about them needing to come out and give his side of the story, etc. You literally just had a 2hr interview to do that

I'm not going to get into the debate on whether he should be playing or not... I'm just fucking over the hypocrisy from all areas of the media

Seriously she had a 2 hour interview and there doesn't appear to be one quote from him. At the start it sounded like it would be a league life feature but by the end it was just another character assassination.

To me the underlined sections below are just simply cheap shots included to fuel the rage of a biased reader or sway a neutral.

To be fair the end of the article starts to move away and at least try to resemble a redemption piece... but how do you have a 2 hour interview and not come out with a single quote and then talk about them needing to come out and give his side of the story, etc. You literally just had a 2hr interview to do that

I'm not going to get into the debate on whether he should be playing or not... I'm just fucking over the hypocrisy from all areas of the media

And this is exactly my issue. This is just another character assasination piece trumped up as a redemption story. This is about us unbiased and even handed as me calling someone a **** for 2 hours and finishing by saying I like their shoes, just to round it out.

It’s amazing you bring them up, because if they had written this you would be bagging it out just as bad. However, because your ‘vonny’ wrote it you can’t see it for what it is.

**** me, some people are so enraged about this all out media attack on the Broncos, they can't see the forest through the trees.

**** me, some people are so enraged about this all out media attack on the Broncos, they can't see the forest through the trees.

Care to elaborate?

This piece of opportunistic garbage ranks alongside the character assassination visited on Cameron Smith by Liz Hayes during the "report" of the Alex McKinnon tragedy a while back ... players come back from this sort of thing, wife beaters, dog-abusers, cocaine-sniffing "immortals" etc etc but ... hey ... let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story, there could be a Logie in this for me. Let's get the season started and let the guy answer his critics where it matters ... on the field of play.

It’s amazing you bring them up, because if they had written this you would be bagging it out just as bad. However, because your ‘vonny’ wrote it you can’t see it for what it is.

Mate, the same could be said about a lot of posters here and if this article was about a player in a different team.

....and you can't smell your own shit on your knees?

Sorry mate, every time someone says that line, can't help myself haha.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • DrGee
  • Jason Simmons
  • Scorchie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Mighty Bronx
  • mieko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • The Boss
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.