SBW

From what I have read, Petero was screwed by his manager.

He wasn't told, if he didn't agree to the contract by a certain date, it would be taken off the table.

By the time Petero realised what was said, it was too late.

I wonder if the bulldogs would have let him go if they discovered he never wanted to be there.

From what I have read, Petero was screwed by his manager.

He wasn't told, if he didn't agree to the contract by a certain date, it would be taken off the table.

By the time Petero realised what was said, it was too late.

Broncos still handled it poorly. IIRC they told Petero via his manager, via email, that he was no longer required.

For a player of his stature at the club, that's disgusting.

I wonder if the bulldogs would have let him go if they discovered he never wanted to be there.

If he didn't want to be there why would he sign a 5 year deal for insufficient money?

Seriously, the way you describe Williams makes him sound like a moron with sh!t for brains.

Coxy, before this topic gets interrupted by another admin.. Any chance you can move all the SBW talk into its own topic?

If he didn't want to be there why would he sign a 5 year deal for insufficient money?

Seriously, the way you describe Williams makes him sound like a moron with sh!t for brains.

Aren't most footballers morons with #### for brains?

Strange he converted to Islam in 2008, the same year he walked out on the Bulldogs.

Also his manager is Mundines manager.

Aren't most footballers morons with #### for brains?

Nope.

Most have at least SOME sense. For instance, they might ask their manager to ask for a release before disappearing.

He was into the second year of his deal. Anyone notice all the drama started straight after they shed Mason and O'Meley? The only other players in the team worth anything were the General, Hazem, Ryan and Maitua - hardly marquee types.

Todd Greenburg is a stain, there are plenty of rumours around regarding his reputation.

I just don't believe the situation is as clear cut as many are making out. We don't know what the 'Dogs have said to him pre and post contract negotiations. No reasonable person would walk from a deal under those circumstances unless they were terribly unhappy with something. The News propaganda machine has done a great job tainting him.

Strange he converted to Islam in 2008, the same year he walked out on the Bulldogs.

Also his manager is Mundines manager.

And he now also does boxing on the side, A young mind influenced by someone he possibly looked up to.

Coxy, Now look at who his manager is...Not exactly the best bloke to get advice from.

Khoder Nasser & Mundine seem to brainwash people.

Khoder Nasser & Mundine seem to brainwash people.

I like watching Mundine fight and i love watching him stir up ####, But no doubt he is a negative influence on those around him and it got worse with Nasser by his side.

He was into the second year of his deal. Anyone notice all the drama started straight after they shed Mason and O'Meley? The only other players in the team worth anything were the General, Hazem, Ryan and Maitua - hardly marquee types.

Todd Greenburg is a stain, there are plenty of rumours around regarding his reputation.

I just don't believe the situation is as clear cut as many are making out. We don't know what the 'Dogs have said to him pre and post contract negotiations. No reasonable person would walk from a deal under those circumstances unless they were terribly unhappy with something. The News propaganda machine has done a great job tainting him.
I'm pretty sure he did that himself, with the priceless help of Nassar and Mundine...

I'm pretty sure he did that himself, with the priceless help of Nassar and Mundine...

Don't forget Danny "Ambulance chaser" Weidler.

But m1c said it himself: "No reasonable person would walk from a deal under those circumstances"

Williams isn't a reasonable person.

The inference being that he's not a reasonable person.
If the club truly was screwing him, why didn't he come out and say that in his 'tell all' interview?
The reasons he gave for leaving were:
1. Steve Folkes hates Muslims (refuted by Folkes and El Masri)
2. He could make more money in France.

If 'I can make more money elsewhere' were a valid reason to walk out on a legally binding contract 18 months in without a release, it would've happened a lot more than on this one occasion.

You might also find that it's quite rare because clubs will bend over backwards to accommodate their marquee players. Those on the way up are constantly receiving upgrades to their contracts. SBW signed his 5 year deal as a 22 year old. He was a rookie with ~50 games under his belt. You cannot tell me his value wouldn't have increased in proportion with his importance to the club and as he improved as a player.

The unexpected loss of Mason would have changed things completely. O'Meley had also just gone. Overnight he became imperative to their on field success and the disparity between his value and the figure on his contract began to grow. There was no longer the excuse of older players with better credentials who need a pay day first.

I've no doubt he handled it poorly, but I certainly don't think the Bulldogs are blameless. SBW has got an undeserved pasting in the media. With Nasser and Mundine involved, putting #### on him is a cheap story.

It's another way to look at it anyhow.

Yes his value would have increased, if he ever played an entire season without getting injuried or suspended.

$500,000 in 2007 was a fortune, it still is.

Money Bill should have just told the Bulldogs he wasn't happy & that he wanted to go Union.

IMO: They would have released him. (after getting the transfer fee)

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Socnorb
  • Xzei
  • mieko
  • Skathen
  • Jeza23
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.