Schadenfreude

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
As Mr 8 sat up last night and cheered the Storm losing (his best mate is a typical Storm fan, so of course my boy death rides them in the Aussie mateship way, plus I'm his mother so he knows that they're pure evil) I realised that schadenfreude is all we have this year to bring us joy. Since the Broncos are here to only gratify the other teams fans.

So, what is sparking my joy this season:
The Melbourne Storm not as unstoppable as in previous years, Riley Jacks is their current half back and I am here for it.
Ashley Klein telling Cam Smith to challenge the ruling instead of manipulating the ref. :smoker:
Ben Hunt being demoted to the bench, his best position. 🙌 Actually, The dragons overall situation is actually pretty enjoyable, not gonna lie.
Macca's dummy and "run" for someone other than the Broncos. Lol. So much joy.
The Tigers losing to the Titans. I don't know why, but this made me happy.
It's also satisfying to see the AFL fans suffering with their code changing the length of their game. Like WTF.

Other people's suffering is the stuff 2020 is built on.

Nooooooooooo, I do not know what schadenfreude is. Please tell me because I'm dying to know.

It’s interesting I’m not too bad on manly, maybe the Barrett years made me soft towards them?

It’s interesting I’m not too bad on manly, maybe the Barrett years made me soft towards them?
If you play supercoach then it's probably the amount of players you've had over the years.
Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
AFB
Tapau

They seem to have good scorers each year and so you find yourself cheering them on... well that's my story anyway.

If that's not the case for you then you've simply been brainwashed by NSWRL Media to like them

Last edited:
If you play supercoach then it's probably the amount of players you've had over the years.
Turbo
Jurbo
DCE
AFB
Tapau

They seem to have good scorers each year and so you find yourself cheering them on... well that's my story anyway.

If that's not the case for you then you've simply been brainwashed by NSWRL Media to like them
I discovered AFB in SVRL last year and I’m in Possession of Jurbo, you could be onto something

Last edited:

They have lost most of their *****.

No Stewarts
No Watmong
No Catai
No Foran

I'm sure there's others

Only Cherry-Blossom and Des remain from that time and Des is pretty good

Meanwhile they've gained Kapow, the Turbros, Jorge

No sympathy for Manly, I can't believe how many people have forgiven them for rorting the cap over a five year period. I have a high opinion of some of their players, but really they should be struggling right now, they shouldn't have this collection of talent.

A $660,000 reduction, divided by two years was an out and out joke. To put that into perspective, the Broncos have copped a $3.2 Million punishment for making a bad/unlucky investment in Bird.

No sympathy for Manly, I can't believe how many people have forgiven them for rorting the cap over a five year period. I have a high opinion of some of their players, but really they should be struggling right now, they shouldn't have this collection of talent.

A $660,000 reduction, divided by two years was an out and out joke. To put that into perspective, the Broncos have copped a $3.2 Million punishment for making a bad/unlucky investment in Bird.
Those are good points, I’d forgotten that. And they got Des the chief cheater back and he’s been applauded like he’s the returned messiah. Even after he did worse to the dogs. No wonder it’s not a surprise Flanno will be a head coach again.

Guys, the cowboys are being spanked by the tigers. Get on it.
If we want to talk about Schadenfreude we might be onto a winner with the cowboys... they're upcoming draw is:
- Knights - currently 2nd
- Parra - currently 1st
- Roosters - currently 4th
- Panthers - currently 3rd
- Manly - currently 8th
- Canberra - currently 5th

Yep, and the worse part is they cheated to the tune of 1.5million over, for a "punishment' of a 600k reduction. So if you're a business man, it's a good trade.

But but but... it would be a travesty if the Turbo brothers left Manly

As Mr 8 sat up last night and cheered the Storm losing (his best mate is a typical Storm fan, so of course my boy death rides them in the Aussie mateship way, plus I'm his mother so he knows that they're pure evil) I realised that schadenfreude is all we have this year to bring us joy. Since the Broncos are here to only gratify the other teams fans.

So, what is sparking my joy this season:
The Melbourne Storm not as unstoppable as in previous years, Riley Jacks is their current half back and I am here for it.
Ashley Klein telling Cam Smith to challenge the ruling instead of manipulating the ref. :smoker:
Ben Hunt being demoted to the bench, his best position. [emoji119] Actually, The dragons overall situation is actually pretty enjoyable, not gonna lie.
Macca's dummy and "run" for someone other than the Broncos. Lol. So much joy.
The Tigers losing to the Titans. I don't know why, but this made me happy.
It's also satisfying to see the AFL fans suffering with their code changing the length of their game. Like WTF.

Other people's suffering is the stuff 2020 is built on.

Fantastic post @mrslong. I very much enjoyed the Panthers beating the storm and watching Klein tell Smith to put up or shut up was pure league gold.
My better half is a Panthers girl so that pretty much makes them my second team and they are a joy to watch compared to our current clusterfuck.
If I can’t watch my Broncos beat the Storm then I will happily take watching Penrith beat them as a substitute.

Active Now

• barker
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.