Second Brisbane NRL Bid

S

smiley

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
163686_171231686252876_171001092942602_366251_3842809_n.jpg

http://www.bnenrlbid.com.au/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisbane-NRL-Expansion-Bid/171001092942602?v=info#info_edit_sections

Don't know how legit it is.

Interesting but I think Central Coast has the gong at this stage. Those people deserve a team they can call their own, not some cobbled up merger that was destined to fail.

We need a 3rd seq team perhaps ipswich or redcliffe.

Steve said:
Interesting but I think Central Coast has the gong at this stage. Those people deserve a team they can call their own, not some cobbled up merger that was destined to fail.

Nup. They had their chance. They blew it.

I hate the idea of MORE teams coming into the comp. The standards for footy have been dropping at an insane pace, that this will just make it worse.

QLD needs another team IMO, I don't care where it is but I do think it should be in the SEQ area.

Central i think will get the nod first, the money flying around up there backing them is insane. And Rockhampton to Mackay to Emerald is rich in JRL.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
Steve said:

Nup. They had their chance. They blew it.

How did they blow it?

Had a team. Failed to support it.

I dont think SEQ needs another team at all.

Just because Brisbane looks good compared to sydney teams, I mean, its a pretty easy thing to do.

They have 9 teams and barely any of them make a profit because there are too many choices for the sydney market.

How many times a season do we sell out a match? probably once every 3 seasons. Until the time we are consistently selling out games, then there really is no need to have another team in Brisbane. Unless they want to try to even up the league, but why try to hinder a profitable club just to make cronulla etc. feel better about themselves. Get rid of these also ran sydney clubs. That will even up the competition.

I do think Suncorp deserves another team playing out of it and surely brissy can support another team QLd could have 2 more teams.imo

I agree with Penny, I don't think another Qld team should be in SEQ, and certainly not in Brisbane itself. I would hate for us to go the way of Sydney and have teams that are barely supported because the supporter base and the corporate support/money is spread too thin. Personally I think Qld deserves another team but it should be in CQ - the people of CQ don't passionately support any of the current Qld teams because they don't really feel an affinity to any of them, but if they had their own team they would probably be one of the most passionate and loyal supporter bases the game has - and CQ certainly has the corporate dollar to be able to well support a team. However if the NRL has their hearts set on SEQ, the IMO it should be based on the Sunshine Coast.

Crushers_1995.jpg

Go the SEQ Crushers, no wait what [icon_shru

I'd like to see a team based out the sunny coast, but the public transport is shizzle house... Go PNG

Aeetee said:
Central i think will get the nod first, the money flying around up there backing them is insane. And Rockhampton to Mackay to Emerald is rich in JRL.

+1

Finance and support would not be an issue. Getting a stadium built in Rocky and getting players to want to relocate up here would be the toughest tasks.

Yeah getting players to move there is gunna be hard... Beach side apartments in Yepoon isn't really a contract sealer :)

Yeah getting some top line players to relocate might be a bit of sell, but a lot of players come from CQ areas (Bundaberg through to Mackay and all points in between) - I think going back home to play for "their own" team will help to attract them and going forward up and coming players being able to stay in the area will be an attraction. A lot of them don't really enjoy city living but have been forced to in order to have a career.

But the biggest thing in attracting players is going to be the professionalism of the organisation - oh and getting a top notch coach.

Aeetee said:
Yeah getting players to move there is gunna be hard... Beach side apartments in Yepoon isn't really a contract sealer :)

This is true. Quite a few nrl players have land or investments in Yeppoon, it's really starting to grow.

Je$ter said:
Aeetee said:

This is true. Quite a few nrl players have land or investments in Yeppoon, it's really starting to grow.

Yeah but woudn't the team in Central Queensland be based in Rocky??

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Je$ter":1tbteju7]
Aeetee said:

Yeah but woudn't the team in Central Queensland be based in Rocky??[/quote:1tbteju7]
off topic...but lol...hate those freaking west dillon panthers. lol.

i don't think seq needs another team. i agree that the talent is already spread way to thin. do something with the salary cap and maybe my opinion will change.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.