Second Brisbane NRL Bid

The only reason channel 9 want a team in Brisbane is to fill their greedy pockets with more money. They have no care and passion for the game and aren't interested in giving a service they are just interested in making a personal profit.

Think Gold Coast is a bit irrelevant, that area has been a sporting grave yard for all sports for some reason.

Has been for quite sometime though the Suns are currently well placed to improve and prosper, the Titans have to step up now or they could face the way other Rugby League teams here on the Coast have gone, their crowd figure is dreadful and clearly inflated when announced.

Hopefully banker Dave has the balls to tell Nine to **** off. Perth is the only area ready for a team. They have juniors, sponsors, support, and everything required.

Has been for quite sometime though the Suns are currently well placed to improve and prosper, the Titans have to step up now or they could face the way other Rugby League teams here on the Coast have gone, their crowd figure is dreadful and clearly inflated when announced.

The Titans would do well under a new CEO. That guy is a twat, a full blown, useless, blue twat.

Hopefully banker Dave has the balls to tell Nine to **** off. Perth is the only area ready for a team. They have juniors, sponsors, support, and everything required.

Definitely, they would be my first expansion choice, even with a stadium that didn't suit Rugby League they still drew decent crowds for a non Rugby League area, there's more desire now for a side and a real chance for a side to do well there.

It's near impossible to look at the NRL without bias towards your own club but Perth and a second Brisbane team are the logical 2 before anyone else should be even thought of, Central Coast and Central Qld should be down the list if not purely for population, Adelaide isn't a league city.

A second Brisbane team ticks all the boxes, population, juniors, corporate support, tv ratings, the best league ground in the world and if channel 9 want it they will get it.

It's near impossible to look at the NRL without bias towards your own club but Perth and a second Brisbane team are the logical 2 before anyone else should be even thought of, Central Coast and Central Qld should be down the list if not purely for population, Adelaide isn't a league city.

A second Brisbane team ticks all the boxes, population, juniors, corporate support, tv ratings, the best league ground in the world and if channel 9 want it they will get it.

Perhaps the NRL should just relocate Canberras side to Brisbane ?

If I had the choice I would also choose WA for an expansion of the comp. As I earn my wage in WA I spend a great deal of time there, exactly 50% actually. The view is still overwhelmingly in favour of AFL and particularly at the moment with Freos success but rugby league is the code with the next best support. If a team started up in Perth again I'm sure it would enjoy even better support than the Gold Coast. People over here do talk about league and many are transplanted eastern staters who've found the higher wages enough for them to settle permanently. A successful team would draw new supporters especially due to the chance to see a born and bred west Aussie playing for the state.

Perhaps the NRL should just relocate Canberras side to Brisbane ?

Despite how Canberra is treated they are important to league due to their junior base, the NRL wouldn't want to hand it over to yawnion

Despite how Canberra is treated they are important to league due to their junior base, the NRL wouldn't want to hand it over to yawnion

You mean our future junior base?

The feds would support a png bid I expect. They just paid for like 80 league schools. They're clearly trying to buy some favour over there now we will be sending them our assylum seekers. The kumuls (a png team) is competitive with the pm xiii. They likely wouldn't even have to import any players. It would just expand the talent base. I mean seriously league is their national sport. It would be a very complex thing to make happen though and so would have to be a 10-15 year plan. Cronulla should be merged with the dragons. Rushed re location won't work. The bears have taken how many years. There is no pro for relocation versus new team in most situations. I definitely think two Sydney teams need to go though. Maybe parts as well. I cant see them recovering from their current situation. Souths, roosters, dogs and dragons should be off limits for relocation or folding they are the most successful Sydney clubs. Manly maybe as well. They have a very loyal fan base and good infield results. Dont know too much about them other than that though.

Perth's ground is perfect for league. I went to the Bunnies game earlier this year. It's central to the city, recently refurbished, 20,000 capacity... Reminds me of Canberra or Gold Coast stadia.
The support is here too. We set the ground record... Beating every union or soccer game ever played there. The local league is strong and well supported.

Corey not sure about Dragons and Manly, Dragons are in financial troubles (as are a lot of Sydney teams though i guess) and Manly while going strong still can't get a decent crowd to attend finals a short drive away.

Personally would love the Roosters to just disappear, for a wealthy club to put so little money into junior development is a blight on the game, if every club followed their lead league would die.

Last edited:

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.