Second Test- Australia v India at the 'Gabba

Would really like to see Bird get another go at test level. Really liked what I saw from him but injury has seemed to have struck him down. Took 13 wickets at 23 in his 3 tests.

Starc has been dropped 8 times in 13 Tests.

Starc has been dropped 8 times in 13 Tests.

Because he bowls lots of trash. I can see the potential in him but really he is a long way off being a test bowler. He is stil capable of developing into a fine bowler but at this stage he is much better suited to the shorter forms.

Really flat start by Australia.

I commented to someone last week that this wouldn't be a green monster and it has proven right. Great pitch to bat on and the mistake bowlers make at the 'Gabba is looking down not up- if it isn't overcast it isn't going to swing and it will be a batting paradise.

This is going to be very hard now to get wickets.

run rate really drying up post lunch ... could be a wicket brewing.

Hazelwood just got his first test wicket. Purjana caught behind for 18 despite the ball coming of hs grill. The Indians have only got themselves to blame as they are refusing to use the DSR system.

Hazelwood just got his first test wicket. Purjana caught behind for 18 despite the ball coming of hs grill. The Indians have only got themselves to blame as they are refusing to use the DSR system.

Honestly makes me laugh when an Indian gets out for a howler that would be instantly overturned by the DRS system... Makes me laugh even more when they whinge about it

Honestly makes me laugh when an Indian gets out for a howler that would be instantly overturned by the DRS system... Makes me laugh even more when they whinge about it

I don't like DRS but still expect umpires to do their job well.

It's not one or the other.

Are you sure it would have been overturned? They still get plenty wrong with DRS. That's why they don't like it it still gets it wrong.

Are you sure it would have been overturned? They still get plenty wrong with DRS. That's why they don't like it it still gets it wrong.

The original idea of DRS was to stop howlers - which it does a pretty good job of. Captains and batters use it irresponsibly by trying to use it to get out of 50/50 calls.

It was pretty obvious it came off his helmut...

If Shaun Marsh could catch.... If Mitchell Starc had a pair. A really poor days cricket from Australia. They played like a touring team.

Doesn't help that we've lost two bowlers on day 1.

outstanding response from Australia this morning ... 6-98 in that heat is a great comeback

now lets bake the indians and make 500+

Last edited:
Warner out for 29. Let's see what Twatto has for us

Active Now

• Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • porouian
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.