NEWS Segeyaro Suspended, Commits To Education And Community Service

Alec

International Rep
I'm fine with him missing a game, but 40 hours of community service seems strange. I'd understand it if it was something universally illegal, but being under 0.05% is literally OK if you don't have a letter stuck to your car window. What's he gonna say - "Don't drink...for 1/3 years?"

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I'm fine with him missing a game, but 40 hours of community service seems strange. I'd understand it if it was something universally illegal, but being under 0.05% is literally OK if you don't have a letter stuck to your car window. What's he gonna say - "Don't drink...for 1/3 years?"
Make coffees for players and staff, he should have the skills.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Still puzzles me how Haas got away with his driving offence with the Broncos. His was arguably worse than Seggy.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Cause he was already suspended.

It was consecutive sentences haha.
They didn't add on to his suspension though did they for him being uncooperative? His driving issue came after he was suspended already.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Anyone know if Segs has been named in Q Cup this week so he can serve his suspension?

If TBA Carroll did it.

Lightning Leon Bott

U18 Player
Out of curiosity, how does his offence get from being pulled over to the club / media / integrity unit being notified ? Do the cops dob them in coz of their profile / status ?

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
I'd say the players dob themselves into the club. Better to cop it on the chin than have your employer hear about it 3rd hand.
Aye, I wouldn't be surprised if there were contract terms that all incidents including police charges had to be reported to the club asap. At my work I'm required to inform management if I'm charged with any offence. Not doing so is grounds for disciplinary action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter