NEWS Segeyaro wants to seal the deal

Mr Policeman,

You are forgetting and assuming Mr Haas is actually skilled, tested and verified to hold a license....Lack of license could also indicate irresponsible behavior or discipline on the road - both which can endanger others. I see no difference.

Indeed. But not necessarily on the occasion he was pinged for unlicenced. He was in fact unlicenced because of the accumulation of demerit points meant he was suspended from doing holding a licence. The difference as I stated is physical impairment of the driver not the regulatory status of his licence...

Last edited:
Indeed. But not necessarily on the occasion he was pinged for unlicenced. He was in fact unlicenced because of the accumulation of demerit points meant he was suspended from doing holding a licence. The difference as I stated is physical impairment of the driver not the regulatory status of his licence...

OK, demerits points possibly because of irresponsible driving, breaking rules which means ill disciplined...which means possibly putting people in danger, bad choices are as dangerous as physical impairment........?

It could be something as simple as unpaid fines though! :D
Anyway enough stirring you. Back to Segs setting the buzzer off.
[automerge]1558965068[/automerge]
Been tried in court a million times and has never succeeded once to the best of my knowledge. The reason is because deeming provisions under TORUMs means a properly issued certificate from an approved breath analysing instrument, operated by an authorised breath analyser is ‘deemed’ to be conclusive proof of breath alcohol concentration. Mistake of fact is also specifically excluded as a defence to drink or drug driving.

NSW yes, successful with medical history and statements.

Mostly im just baiting you for argument here. I know the law is tight and tight for a fair reason, nor do i support influenced driving.

Last edited:
OK, demerits points possibly because of irresponsible driving, breaking rules which means ill disciplined...which means possibly putting people in danger, bad choices are as dangerous as physical impairment........?

It could be something as simple as unpaid fines though! :D
Anyway enough stirring you. Back to Segs setting the buzzer off.
[automerge]1558965068[/automerge]

NSW yes, successful with medical history and statements.

Mostly im just baiting you for argument here. I know the law is tight and tight for a fair reason, nor do i support influenced driving.

I know mate all good, and to be fair, I don’t profess any expertise in NSW legislation, but in Qld for that argument to be made, you’d have to prove the instrument wasn’t working correctly because the law deems it does, no matter where the alcohol on the breath comes from...

Edit: Also anyone tries this with me, they’ll be getting a one way trip to the local hospital where they’ll be providing blood... 😂

Last edited:
What is blowing 0.05 equivalent to, one beer? I don’t drink

There used to be ads at pubs and on telly saying to stay under blokes could have 2 in the first hour and one every hour after that. Women 1 in the first hour and 1 every hour after that.

It’s the equivalent to barely noticing any real change in behaviour or motor functioning. If you had your drink spiked and got to 0.05 you wouldn’t even notice anything out of the ordinary.

I’m not a doctor so I’m not saying that this is physiologically correct. I’m sure at that amount their are some effects but nothing significant enough for you to notice.

There used to be ads at pubs and on telly saying to stay under blokes could have 2 in the first hour and one every hour after that. Women 1 in the first hour and 1 every hour after that.
This was a general guide to stay under the legal limit of 0.05 for full licence holders. It is also highly variable and dependent on body weight, food consumption, water, etc. Don't forget that Segeyaro, as a provisional driver has a limit of 0.00

Love that everyone’s using the he’s an adult defence. The guy knows the rules, he’s on a license type that doesn’t allow it and intentionally broke the rules. He’s also a guy on a lifeline and playing for a contract. Being an adult doesn’t come into it when he clearly has indicated maybe he isn’t one.

Nobody is disputing he can have a beer or two but to drive afterwards after a clear bender is dumb and deserves a week off after the bye.

If you feel the P rules are harsh or nanny state, go run for parliament and change the law. If not, that’s the rules we have and he got busted for it.

Last edited:
It's all about intent. He didn't intentionally go out, get drunk and drive recklessly. I'm sure he thought he was fine, no more alcohol in his system the next morning and got done.

It was a mistake and perhaps a poor decision to drive. It wasn't intentionally.

Move on.

The funny thing is I could actually see this playing out on NRL 360.

Ikin: “Now we have all been amazed by the heroics of James Segeyaro who we now all know risked his life to enter a burning building to bring everyone inside to safety, however Paul you have some news that might cast this in a more sinister light?”

Kent: “That’s right Ben and it’s very disturbing, There has been some suggestion that James was able to be on the scene so quickly because he in fact set the fire, now this is all unconfirmed at this stage but the suggestion itself is horrifying”.

Rothfield: *shakes uncontrollably*

"Segeyaro entered the premises, which as we all know is private property, without a written clearance, and it's entirely possible that the people he saved will now need to be returned to the fire until that clearance has been submitted to the authorities".

"Segeyaro entered the premises, which as we all know is private property, without a written clearance, and it's entirely possible that the people he saved will now need to be returned to the fire until that clearance has been submitted to the authorities".

And all bravery awards returned because he wasn’t officially registered with the heroes are us board of legitimate heroes.

At first I thought this dui was a bad thing for us (dui is always bad, but as far as our team I mean), but then I realised it would probably be just enough to scare other clubs away from a revitalised segeyaro (off field history makes him a risk factor). Will bring his price down.

If mccullough is going to get a chance for retribution (don't agree with it but probably needs to be done for team "spirit") it could be a great chance for seibold to enable this too. Put Turpin in that bench role, "discipline" segeyaro for 1 game demotion to qld cup and give each hooker 40 minutes each. Best 2 players out of the 3 gets the 2 spots the next week, simple

I love the Rugby League community

A guy blows under .05 on a breathalyser the morning after a night on the drink and we all
suddenly turn into chemists, lawyers, doctors, government workers, social justice warriors, etc. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In terms of context though, let’s remember GI got done for MID RANGE drink driving in the AFTERNOON with full intention of knowing he would have been well over. His punishment was a loss of the kangaroos captaincy and a character reference from the CEO of the NRL. He is also a million dollar ambassador for the game.

Let’s not carry on over a guy who is on minimum wage trying to settle into a new city for a very minimal offence.

Drink driving is still drink driving no matter how you look at it. He deserves to be punished and I'm actually pretty pissed off because he has only just got to the club after being handed a lifeline. Some games off, a fine and some community service wouldn't go astray here to set an example to the playing group.

I love the Rugby League community

A guy blows under .05 on a breathalyser the morning after a night on the drink and we all
suddenly turn into chemists, lawyers, doctors, government workers, social justice warriors, etc. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In terms of context though, let’s remember GI got done for MID RANGE drink driving in the AFTERNOON with full intention of knowing he would have been well over. His punishment was a loss of the kangaroos captaincy and a character reference from the CEO of the NRL. He is also a million dollar ambassador for the game.

Let’s not carry on over a guy who is on minimum wage trying to settle into a new city for a very minimal offence.

Are you somehow under the impression that people here are strictly rugby league fans and don't have day jobs?

The old rule of thumb is 2 standard drinks in the first hour and one standard drink every hour thereafter keeps you under 0.05%. But in practice such a theory rarely ever works, because few to no-one drinks ‘standard’ drinks and everyone processes alcohol differently. Body mass has an effect, eating has an effect, metabolism has an effect and obviously how much you drink and how quickly has an effect.

My theory is better. If you want to drink, go and enjoy it. Just don’t drive, at all. Make other arrangements. At least within 12 hours or so of having your last drink. If you want to drive, just don’t drink. At all.

Pretty hard not to be safe if you follow my theory. Which many don’t of course.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.