NEWS Seibold: Carrigan on verge of captaincy

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Peter Badel & Chris Honnery fresh from pasting Lodge annoint the next King:

Seibold:

“We’ll see how Alex pulls up but if Alex isn’t there, then Pat will be (the skipper). (Stripping Darius of captaincy) gives some opportunities to some of our young leaders. We’ve got a particularly young group. It’s pretty unusual to have our stand-in captain, Pat Carrigan, who is only (22) years of age but he’s the right person while Alex Glenn and Matt Lodge are out. We’ll give Alex every opportunity to play."

“It’s 24 weeks of games so if he’s not quite there, we’ll err on the side of caution. We’ve got a very long year ahead of us and we wouldn’t put any of our players at risk. I’d like to see Alex Glenn there and if (he’s) not, someone else will be out there wearing the jersey.”

Lockyer on Patty:

“He is a great young kid. Seibs’ rates him highly from a leadership perspective and the fact he hasn’t played a lot of games doesn’t mean he can’t be a leader of men out there. It would be a good experience for him but we’re hopeful ‘Lexi’ will be there for round one. Even though he is a confident kid doing the job he is in now, he would be nervous (captaining the Broncos in a premiership game).”

McHunt

Last edited:
My comparison hasn't change one bit over time- Carrigan is the Broncos Graeme Smith.

Last edited:
My comparison hasn't change one bit over time- Carrigan is the Broncos Graeme Smith.
If my sums are right he will be the Bronco's youngest captain: 8 months younger than Alex Glenn when he filled in for Darren Lockyer.

Last edited:
I really hope Siebold starts to pull off good on field coaching performances because I really like the things he’s doing and saying off the field.

It also says Boyd, Macca and Milford are so on the nose they're not even being considered as stand-in captains.

Last edited:
Hopefully it’s saying that 2 of the 3 won’t be playing.
They're all going to be there, at least for Round 1 and the near future. We may as well make peace with it now and just move on, as it's been the writing on the wall since well before Christmas.

It also says Boyd, Macca and Milford are so on the nose they're not even being considered as stand-in captains.

I'm not against this decision at all, but I'm just very surprised.
I'd have bet the house that with Lexi injured, either Boyd or Macca would be captain, with all that experience that AS talks about as important.

This is the one time I wish I knew a bit about cricket.

Smith was a South African captain who was only 21 or 22ish when he took over due to his captaincy potential amid a transition period for the side and did an extremely admirable job of reviving the national team despite his age.

Smith was a South African captain who was only 21 or 22ish when he took over due to his captaincy potential amid a transition period for the side and did an extremely admirable job of reviving the national team despite his age.
It was also not too long after the Hanse Cronje saga followed by a failed world cup campaign. It was a tough gig foe someone with less that 10 test matches to his name.

@Wolfie brace yourself ... Travis Meyn has written an article about Carrigan potentially captaining the club, and using that as an example of how far the Broncos have fallen

@Wolfie brace yourself ... Travis Meyn has written an article about Carrigan potentially captaining the club, and using that as an example of how far the Broncos have fallen

He clearly has no idea who Patty is !!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.