Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane boost as "halfback" Jake Turpin
to return to face Bulldogs

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
10 minutes ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how many try assists Turpin has made when playing half back?

Boyd to centre, Turpin to six, Glenn to bench.

EDIT: Shiba gorne.

I just can't can't get my head around people wanting Turpin in the halves. he is a hooker, and has no instincts or talents as a playmaking half. Unbelievable. All he does is shovel the ball out, the difference being he is wearing the 7 not 9

Also, Glenn has been one of our most consistent and best players. Bench? Really? Why?

Last edited:
Boyd to centre, Turpin to six, Glenn to bench.

EDIT: Shiba gorne.

That sounds great but isn’t likely. Seibs loves Boyd at 6 and his combo with Fifita so Boyd won’t be moved from 6.

Turpin to the bench with Seggy out is a possibility I guess, though I’d prefer Turps to start and Macca to the bench but Seibs won’t do that either.

I would imagine Seibs will revert to Turps at 7 and dump SOS with everyone else staying where they are, but if he plays Turps at 7 he’s crazy.

I just can't can't get my head around people wanting Turpin in the halves. he is a hooker, and has no instincts or talents as a playmaking half. Unbelievable. All he does is shovel the ball out, the difference being he is wearing the 7 not 9

Also, Glenn has been one of our most consistent and best players. Bench? Really? Why?
In fairness, he's more of a half than Macca is a hooker, and that's likely to be the combination.

Well Seibs loves Turpin (for good reason) and isn't going to drop Macca for God knows why. He's 99% going to play in the halves; that's the best option imo.

Last edited:
My memory of Turps is a hooker wearing the number 7. My memory of him is shovelling the ball out like Macca only faster, not attacking the line, not putting edge forwards into holes and his kicking game is one dimensional: bomb and grubber.

I have a bad feeling about him in the halves.

I like turps but he isn’t a halfbacks ring hole

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.