Semi Radradra does a SBW on the Parramatta Eels

You haven't answered my question. Why weren't other aboriginals booed in the same way?
If you don't know by now you'll never know but that's ok.

Sorry Beads, I'm with these guys on this one. I have never in my life booed an Aboriginal sportsperson. I cheered as loud as anyone when Cathy won gold in Sydney. I'm a huge fan of the indigenous players in our game.

But if I ever had a chance, damn straight I'd boo the shit out of Goodes. Because and only because he's a first class wanker with a chunk out of his shoulder and a log in his eye.

You haven't answered my question. Why weren't other aboriginals booed in the same way?

The question is why weren't other 'divers' booed?

Last edited:
Diving wasn't the only thing he was disliked for.

But Goodes' booing was racially motivated wasn't it? The AFL has a long and proud tradition of having racist shitbag fans.

I don't believe it started that way personally, but I think with the media attention it got, people just did it for the lols. I have no doubt a few racially motivated people took the opportunity though.

Goodes was always Sydney's best player ... when he made a big stink about how much the booing got to him, of course the opposition fans were always going to give it to him to try and put him off his game.

from my POV, it seems like it was made out that it was perfectly acceptable to boo a white player, but if you did the same thing to an indigenous player, you were racist. and that would also be a racist line of thinking.

I don't follow AFL, but my brother does, and he tells me the vast majority of people who booed Goodes did it because of the way he acted, and because he was always the best player on the opposition team.

while there may have been a small minority of people booing because he was indigenous, it is wrong IMO to lump the rest of the booers into that small section.

---------------

back on topic,

I had to lol that Parramatta asked the NRL to allow Radradra to take a leave of absence for the rest of the year to play union in france. The NRL was never going to allow that to happen.

If Parramatta want to allow him to play union in france, fine, release him from his contract

IIRC, it's not the first time players have asked the NRL to allow them to play Union while playing League.

I'm pretty sure Thurston asked if he could back when Hunt and Folau were poached by other codes.

The NRL said no then, I don't see why the Eels thought they would change their mind now.

Last edited:
from my POV, it seems like it was made out that it was perfectly acceptable to boo a white player, but if you did the same thing to an indigenous player, you were racist. and that would also be a racist line of thinking.

Bingo.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.