Shane Perry

W

whiterhyno

U18 Player
Oct 14, 2011
Right so like the rest of you I am disgusted with what we are dishing out this year. Very un Bronco like and having been a fan since 88 it’s tough.

Our last premiership in 06 we had Perry in the halves with the GOAT.
So with both this seasons halves not having a clue how to manage a game and team my question is do we have another Shane Perry type player in Q Cup who can just stick to a game plan and lead the boys around?
Nothing flash but a solid player who can let Milf just run.

Don’t give me the whole “Lockyer did everything” or “Perry was useless”
You get my point and right now we need a 7

I can't recall one person that has ever said Perry was useless tbh. He was exactly what we needed then and is certainly the type of player we need now.

Perry was a very good QCup player who played his hand really well to let Locky, Berrigan etc deliver. Difference is we don’t have greats around us. Putting a Perry (assuming can find one) still leaves us short in rest of spine. But having said that we have to try something so am not opposed.

We have four options. See if Scarlett or Murphy can Be Perry 2.0. Throw Dargan in deep end. Buy a surprise mid season half (no idea who and where or with what money). Go balls deep on Niko tell him to run the team.

No matter what option likely need to augment spine with Bird at lock, get Macca focusing on attack rather than just defence and get Boyd fully stretching out so he either gets there or if he reinjures he reinjures (since we all know he will still play at fullback from his nursing home if WB has his way rather than move him to a better position for his physical capabilities or try to let his injury heal).

Milford 7
Bird 6

That still leaves us without a game manager though.....

Perry was a very good QCup player who played his hand really well to let Locky, Berrigan etc deliver. Difference is we don’t have greats around us. Putting a Perry (assuming can find one) still leaves us short in rest of spine. But having said that we have to try something so am not opposed.

We have four options. See if Scarlett or Murphy can Be Perry 2.0. Throw Dargan in deep end. Buy a surprise mid season half (no idea who and where or with what money). Go balls deep on Niko tell him to run the team.

No matter what option likely need to augment spine with Bird at lock, get Macca focusing on attack rather than just defence and get Boyd fully stretching out so he either gets there or if he reinjures he reinjures (since we all know he will still play at fullback from his nursing home if WB has his way rather than move him to a better position for his physical capabilities or try to let his injury heal).

Balls deep on Niko for me. I dare any half to shine behind our tackle 3 and 4 ball runners.

Balls deep on Niko for me. I dare any half to shine behind our tackle 3 and 4 ball runners.

So many issues.. one is how long does the knik project last for and the other less spoken about is how long does the McGuire at lock project last... his 4th tackle runs are for nothing and his link play to the halves is non existent.

Lure Blake Green over from the Warriors with a 800k+ a year deal. He's the answer to all our problems

So many issues.. one is how long does the knik project last for and the other less spoken about is how long does the McGuire at lock project last... his 4th tackle runs are for nothing and his link play to the halves is non existent.

I know mate, far from ideal. On the one hand we can’t let the season slip by but I think we have to stay solid for another couple of weeks (if Kodi stinks against these two teams then we know he’s not going to cut it). I know we all want results but it can really be understated what 50 odd nrl games brings (blokes will say no game management and crap kicking and passing) and What goes into a pre season or more to the point underestimate how hard it is to get to nrl standard for dragon etc.

As for moose I can give him so time, those legs look tired after an endless season.

Love to try to get Ryley Jacks for $250k or $300. Put him at 7. Would likely solve a lot of issues. Bird at 6, milf to 1 and Knik to bench. Boyd to centres only if fit, Wouldn’t mind Knik having a chance at 5/8 but he is too much liability in defence in halves at moment and don’t see what he offers at this point.

Where to get the cash? Thaiday into the the night... give him a job for the club doing junior outreach and community welfare but nicely away from the main squad to get his attitude away.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Swordfish
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.