Shane Webcke orders tell-all rugby league book pulped

I would say the chapter on Joey is the problem.

Kaz said:
I would say the chapter on Joey is the problem.

As would I actually. The last thing he needs is a lawsuit from the NRL, Knights and ARL in one hit.

He'd probably win the lawsuit, and that would damage the game irepairably (sp? is that even a word?)

He probably wouldn't. Especially if they went for a defamation case or something like that. How can he prove that they all knew?

mrslong said:
He'd probably win the lawsuit, and that would damage the game irepairably (sp? is that even a word?)

He would lose & would have to pay up big time.

Kaz said:
mrslong said:

He would lose & would have to pay up big time.

You know this for sure do ya? :roll: He doesn't have to say word for word "The NRL and Knights knew about Joey all along". I would imagine he is smart enough to know how to say something without putting himself in danger of a lawsuit.

If the book came out and he did write those things he would probably come under intense scrutiny from the NRL and possibly be sacked by the Broncos regarding his comments on the ratbag players who had themselves a gangbang.

Scotty said:
You know this for sure do ya? :roll: He doesn't have to say word for word "The NRL and Knights knew about Joey all along". I would imagine he is smart enough to know how to say something without putting himself in danger of a lawsuit.

This is what he said.

Andrew Johns
"I don't have the slightest doubt that rugby league's administrators, all the way to the top of the ARL and the NRL, would have known of Andrew Johns' lifestyle and problems. Who didn't know? I knew.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html

He hasn't said anything about drugs though.

Cmon guys Joey Johns is the greatest player fo all time give him some slack, drugs are cool...

Webcke is gone into hiding. (So Channel 10 said)

He is now on holidays from channel 7 until next week.

Update: Channel 10 said the publishers are publishing the book.

Channel 10 said was is a publicity stunt.

Why has he gone into hiding? He's Shane Webcke for gods sake lol. He's the 2nd most fearsome player of the modern era behind Steve Price... and I'm pretty sure Steve Price would have his back too.

Got to give it to Webcke, what a brilliant way to get publicity for his book. It will be interesting to see if there's any fallout from this from the broncos, especially the likes of Hunt and Thaiday.

Kaz said:
Webcke is gone into hiding. (So Channel 10 said)

He is now on holidays from channel 7 until next week.

[icon_lol1. at Ch 10. Webcke's leave was approved ages ago and has been talked about on the news for a couple of weeks.

bahahaha, exactly! He was always going to take time off to promote the book, it was prearranged.

Channel 10 are laughable!

BREAKING: RETIRED league legend Shane Webcke is set to perform one of the greatest back-flips in Australian publishing history, by relaunching his controversial book, Hard Road.

A day after his decision to pull the pin because of personal reasons, it has emerged Webcke will now go ahead with the book which is due out in bookstores next Tuesday.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

Publicilty stunt anyone hahahahaha

Disappointing if he does after the song and dance about not releasing it.

Why? The bits that he was probably worried about are in the public anyway.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.