Shane Webcke orders tell-all rugby league book pulped

Because he wouldn't have got so much attention if not saying "oo, can't release it now, it's too controversial". None of those excerpts would've been posted.

As Tee said, it looks like it's a very cheap publicity stunt.

I thought something was sus when Bruno said "I didn't even know he was writing a book". Yeah, right.

Why would he pulp the book instead of simply holding off the release date?

Coxy said:
Because he wouldn't have got so much attention if not saying "oo, can't release it now, it's too controversial". None of those excerpts would've been posted.

As Tee said, it looks like it's a very cheap publicity stunt.

Of course those excerpts would have still been posted if he hadn't said he was withdrawing it. Why do you think the newspapers were able to post them so quickly? Because they had already been given advance copies of the book in order to do just that and promote it.

Hammo said:
Why would he pulp the book instead of simply holding off the release date?

I guess it would have been out of his hands and up to the publisher/distributor. He basically sold the rights to the book and had to get it back.

Rumours about Joey's lifestyle were very common around the Hunter Valley for many years. Regardless of any proof, the talk was there and it came as absolutely no shock when the 'news' broke. It basically supported what many people suspected.
For what it is worth, the talk, and I am only saying that I heard 'talk' from very good sources, also mentioned other players in other teams - including very big name Broncos players.
This should come as no surprise.

I forgot to mention... How do these big name and others beat the embarrassing rap?
" So and so has had to leave immediately from the ground as he has a seriously ill family member at home," seemed to do the trick on a number of occasions, I believe.
A quick chat to some of the coaching staff and assistants, past and present, at some of our clubs can be interesting.
It is fair to say the net has had some holes in the past and a couple of willing accomplices.

Hats off to Shane's marketting team.
Bad move for Shane's personal cred.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
I forgot to mention... How do these big name and others beat the embarrassing rap?
" So and so has had to leave immediately from the ground as he has a seriously ill family member at home," seemed to do the trick on a number of occasions, I believe.
A quick chat to some of the coaching staff and assistants, past and present, at some of our clubs can be interesting.
It is fair to say the net has had some holes in the past and a couple of willing accomplices.

For mid week testing it might go something like this.

Manager sees the drug testers setting up well b4 the players arrive at training then rings the players who may have an issue and tells them they are cross training at another venue that day. If their name is pulled for testing they are never there.

It really is that simple.

Raw Boned Youngster your what 18 living in Brisbane, dont act like your Danny Wildler...

Guys, its Shane Webcke. Hes the only bloke I would belive when he says that he tossed and turned over the book, pulled it of the shelves then decided "Well everyone knows about it, might as well publish it..." No publicity at all.

Webcke = Awesome /thread

Webcke said:
Raw Boned Youngster your what 18 living in Brisbane, dont act like your Danny Wildler...

Possibly the worst character-read ever?

Dexter said:
For mid week testing it might go something like this.

Manager sees the drug testers setting up well b4 the players arrive at training then rings the players who may have an issue and tells them they are cross training at another venue that day. If their name is pulled for testing they are never there.

It really is that simple.

Drug testers aren't that stupid. They don't turn up usually until AFTER training/game has started for just that very reason - so that someone can't find out they are there an not come.

Secondly - every elite athlete on the ASADA test list (and that is everyone who is either paid to play or in non-professional sports/junior level has been selected at any stage in a rep team over the age of 16) is required to submit to ASADA a form saying where they will be and when - ie training, competition, at home, on holidays (all with details of where/dates/times). These must be submitted every 3 months for the next 3 months but are also to be updated if any of these details change. If the athlete fails to notify a change of circumstances and a drug tester arrives at where they have said they are going to be and the athlete is not there that counts as strike one non-appearance - you get three of these in 6 months (I think it's 6 months, might be 12 now - they were talking about changing it to 12) and it is considered the same as a positive test. And you actually remain on the test list for 2 years after you provided official written notification of your retirement to ASADA. Now I'm not saying for a second that the system is infalliable, but it is harder than people think to skip a drug test.

Beleive what you will. I will beleive what I know.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.