Votes: 31 50.8%

• Total voters
Car Imagine GIF by Carlotta Notaro

Probably swerving to miss this.

LOL @that poll.

Gee whiz. Talk about a divide.

LOL @that poll.

Gee whiz. Talk about a divide.
honestly the fact that it's close is not a good sign for Mam, not that we are a reasonable sample size but if the board looked at something like that, they'd be inclined to sack him.

I think it is reflective of most of us. Some will feel strongly one way or the other but I imagine most even who voted yes or no can pretty much see strong reasons the other way too. Just a mess.

honestly the fact that it's close is not a sign for Mam, not that we are a reasonable sample size but if the board looked at something like that, they'd be inclined to sack him.
I honestly can't see how they can spin keeping him if its confirmed he had drugs in his system. Dave has already come out and been so authoritative on conduct off the field it would be a huge dismissal of his word to fans last time.

If they decide to keep him I probably understand. Its about where this club is at really in terms of the front office. Unwilling to hold the players to account for their performance on the field and off the field. The next Ezra Mam coming through learns nothing from his example.

One thing we can all agree on - Either way the Broncos lose. 😢

Heard something this morning about Reynolds has tried pulling them into line and Carrigans said to leave them alone.
Have you heard anything similar going on?

Yeah, there are two Alphas at the Broncos just like Hunt was the younger Broncos' Alpha for a while.

I honestly can't see how they can spin keeping him if its confirmed he had drugs in his system. Dave has already come out and been so authoritative on conduct off the field it would be a huge dismissal of his word to fans last time.

If they decide to keep him I probably understand. Its about where this club is at really in terms of the front office. Unwilling to hold the players to account for their performance on the field and off the field. The next Ezra Mam coming through learns nothing from his example.

One thing we can all agree on - Either way the Broncos lose. 😢
100%. As Dave Donaghy said in that radio interview yesterday, they pride themselves on being a community/family club. When the public sees pictures of the little girl with those awful seatbelt burns and hear about injuries such as a fractured hip etc, the optics on it are just terrible for the club.

Especially when it could have all been avoided if Ezra had used a little commonsense and stopped to think before getting behind the wheel. That the cause of all this is very likely a self-induced drug stupor, then that is just all the more damning. The club has no choice but to cut Mam loose.

100%. As Dave Donaghy said in that radio interview yesterday, they pride themselves on being a community/family club. When the public sees pictures of the little girl with those awful seatbelt burns and hear about injuries such as a fractured hip etc, the optics on it are just terrible for the club. They have no choice but to cut Mam loose.

Especially when it could have all been avoided if Ezra had used a little commonsense and stopped to think before getting behind the wheel. That the cause of all this is very likely a self-induced drug stupor, then that is just all the more damning.

How would you feel if your club picked him up? I could see Bennett doing it.

I think it is reflective of most of us. Some will feel strongly one way or the other but I imagine most even who voted yes or no can pretty much see strong reasons the other way too. Just a mess.
This.
I voted no purely because a team like the Roosters will snatch him up for far less than we are paying him, cover up his off field indiscretions, and use that to offload him when they need cap space.
Keep him on the books, add a bucket load of contract voiding clauses and see if he can turn his behaviour around.

Win/Win Broncos.

Can the poll be edited adding an option would they support sacking him if he was deregistered at NRL level too?
I suspect the results would be even more damning.

How would you feel if your club picked him up? I could see Bennett doing it.
I would be furious mate. We have enough dickheads already with Latrell, Cody (to a lesser extent) Milne etc. Bennett better not try to pull shit like that. We already have the fans squabbling amongst themselves about these types of issues. We don't want him here, he's your mess to worry about! Maybe thats why I'm so invested in this situation, I have lived it before with Latrell but we always give into him. I want to see a club kick one of their star players to the curb for being a selfish, irresponsible prick for once hehe.

Yeah, there are two Alphas at the Broncos just like Hunt was the younger Broncos' Alpha for a while.
ok so there is team Carrigan:
Walsh
Mam
Haas
Riki
Cobbo
Arthars

And team Reyno:
Billy

He injured a kid. I know it's not intentional but the optics and reasons for the accident are so poor. To remain a Bronco he is going to have to move mountains on the field and off it. As we speak I presume the Broncos management are reading the room to see what they can and can't do to save his career.

I would be furious mate. We have enough dickheads already with Latrell, Cody (to a lesser extent) Milne etc. Bennett better not try to pull shit like that. We already have the fans squabbling amongst themselves about these types of issues. We don't want him here, he's your mess to worry about! Maybe thats why I'm so invested in this situation, I have lived it before with Latrell but we always give into him. I want to see a club kick one of their star players to the curb for being a selfish, irresponsible prick for once hehe.

And then the Dragons or Roosters pick him up cheap.

I couldn't care less tbh. I think precedent dictates that he should be, and also the fact we are supposedly turning a corner with this rubbish. If we don't sack mam then you can't sack the next bloke who muffs up either. I won't really blink no matter what the club do though, I'm not as invested anymore. Go team!

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • tajhay
  • leon.bott
  • leish107
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Redfern_1980
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • Ondi
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jedhead
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.