Should McManus' try been called back?

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Not too sure of the rules, or I haven't even re-watched the try/game, but I thought I saw McManus catch that bomb in his in goal prior to him racing all the way for a try. Should it not have been a 20m restart?

Just had a quick look at the replay, looks like he had one foot in the in goal - not too sure of the ruling.

Just had a quick look at the replay, looks like he had one foot in the in goal - not too sure of the ruling.

They've been calling one foot in goal as catching it in the in goal and giving them a 20m restart the first 2 rounds. So yes, technically it should've been a 20m restart and thus no try.

on first look i thought it was legit...

Does Tahu getting a hand to it affect the play at all?

Looks like a fair try to me. We won so its not worth complaining about.

It is worth complaining about, it could have cost us or another team a win.

I bet they would have gone to the video ref, if we had scored a length of field try.

Does Tahu getting a hand to it affect the play at all?

it does.

happened in the game tonight. eels player touched the ball then another caught it in goal. because it was already touched it wasnt a 20m restart.

Cheers noisey.

Having watched the replay though, I don't think Tahu got a touch on it - bit of a tough call in hindsight.

It is a very tough call. Play on seems fair due to the situation, it could have been sent upstairs if a Broncos player had an issue.

The main problem was the play. Besides the kick being slightly off target, 3 Broncos attacked the ball on the ground and left McManus open. He caught it, was given a huge hole and a headstart and everyone looked slow trying to chase him, credit to Hannatt for chasing all the way. If 2 attacked and 1 stayed back they might have shut down the try before McManus got past the 10.

Agreed Twiztid, we were always taught only 1 ever went up, one dropped back into a cover-defender and the other went fishing for scraps.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.