VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could pull a cardboard statue out of the crowd and they’d only give you marginally less than 4 runs for 9 metres. Should be ashamed of himself if it wasn’t such a regular occurrence for him.

Are those the legit stats?

Honestly, the only good thing to come out of this whole shambolic effort in recent weeks is that @broncsgoat has finally shut the **** up about Milford being our best player in 2018 (which was at best subjective, and as though that was a substantial achievement anyway)

Put his stats on a white board and leave it there for a week so he can see it whilst training.

Honestly, the only good thing to come out of this whole shambolic effort in recent weeks is that @broncsgoat has finally shut the **** up about Milford being our best player in 2018 (which was at best subjective, and as though that was a substantial achievement anyway)

You still haven't ignored him yet?

Four runs for 9 meters.
Our marquee million dollar man, had FOUR RUNS.....FOR NINE METERS.

Seibold’s Brain: Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it...

Seibold: “There was an Australian 5/8 that plays for the Roosters who played a game last year where he only had 1 run for 6 metres and no one said anything about his game”

Milford should go back to Canberra. I think Ricky Stuart is his last hope of being anything significant in the NRL again. I can’t believe he was touted as being an Origin number 6. Taking over from the likes of wally, Lockyer and Thurston.... smh

I've been pretty bearish on Milford over the last couple of years but **** me, he has no shapes to work with. There was a moment in the second half where he got the ball with some space and was running with the ball in two hands but no one ran a line or hit a hole or came underneath him. They all just watched him and offered nothing.

Surely this is a coaching issue which stems back to Wayne's days as well where we also looked pretty clueless much of the time. I think if we got some attacking shapes for our halves to work with, we'd see a bit more from Milford.

One thing that shits me though is how he just sits back and doesn't inject himself into the game when we need him. I know we need him to step up but surely Seibold can see that we have absolutely no shape in attack at all.

Absolutely this for mine. Milford also did well to set up Oates. But apart from that he had no chances to do anything so no wonder he did bugger all. And yes, he could inject himself more but by the time he gets the ball the defence are all over hima nd his supports

Yes!
He’s played 170 games, his career is over 50% complete, and he looks like he’s learnt nothing. He’s totally clueless out there. Like he literally looks like he has no idea what he should be doing. If he was an NRL journeyman on 400k it’d be embarrassing enough. But given he’s on 1 million the club should be doing whatever they can to offload him even if it means carrying some of the contract. It’s unbelievable that we have somewhere approaching 2 million tied up between him and Jack Bird.

Absolutely this for mine. Milford also did well to set up Oates. But apart from that he had no chances to do anything so no wonder he did bugger all. And yes, he could inject himself more but by the time he gets the ball the defence are all over hima nd his supports
Here’s a crazy idea then; should he maybe get closer to the ball, say first receiver, rather than simply standing out three in from the left and waiting for it to come to him?

Milford should go back to Canberra. I think Ricky Stuart is his last hope of being anything significant in the NRL again. I can’t believe he was touted as being an Origin number 6. Taking over from the likes of wally, Lockyer and Thurston.... smh
There is no way stuart would touch him at the moment.

Here’s a crazy idea then; should he maybe get closer to the ball, say first receiver, rather than simply standing out three in from the left and waiting for it to come to him?
If the ball gets into the opposition 40m zone, Milford should be all over it touching the ball at least three times a set. Even if it's just getting a forward running underneath him at a different angle. Good halves thrive in this area.

Last edited:
If the ball gets into the opposition 40m zone, Milford should be all over it touching the ball at least three times a set. Even if it's just getting a forward running underneath him at a different angle. Good halves thrive in this area.
FFS, Lockyer would handle the ball three times in one play when the game was on the line!

For the most part, we’re lucky if Milford touches the ball three times in three sets 👎

He had opportunities to run straight and hard. He did that stupid jink back on the inside and kill every single shred of momentum we could muster on at least 2 occasions I saw.

He would do more, just by taking a hitup for us and his stats would look a bit better.

But the pea-heart can’t even do that.

Yes. It's on Seibold to stop putting him out there, and having an attacking game plan that is by and large, passing it to whoever is available within passing range,

That works with players like Staggs, Fifita and now Farnworth and possibly Coates but not with that slug Boyd or Isaako at the back doing nothing but catching the ball and running into the defence.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • mrslong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.