Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The season is all but over, the rest of the team hasn't done well enough to keep us in the fight, looking closer to bottom 4 than playing finals...It probably makes more sense at this point to put him on ice for (hopefully) one more good year before retirement. What does it serve to risk further injury now?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If we had won a couple of games the last month then yes Reynolds should play but after 6 straight and falling out of contention, there’s no point. He should be going all out on the strength and conditioning now. He’s had nothing but problems since dropping his playing weight.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
May as well. It was a bicep tear so it's not like it has a high chance of being a recurring issue that could carry into next year like a hammy

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
He'll want to play and the club won't stand in his way.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
One more serious injury and he's retiring.... not worth the risk. Let this mob stew in their shit.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
The season is all but over, the rest of the team hasn't done well enough to keep us in the fight, looking closer to bottom 4 than playing finals...It probably makes more sense at this point to put him on ice for (hopefully) one more good year before retirement. What does it serve to risk further injury now?
The season is not all but over, soo many teams in the top 8 especially at the bottom end play each other still and we will finally get a run with our troops back again soon, it's for sure on edge though but not over yet.

I think 12 wins and a decent F/A gets you in the finals this year, which means we need 5 wins including our bye, which means at the most we can still afford two more losses.

We have better F/A then the 5 teams ahead of us to 8th and if we do string some wins we could easily be top 5 for that too.

But the Newcastle game is crucial, I think the Melbourne game should be an easy win, they will almost certainly rest their entire team like last year as top 2 is basically guaranteed for them now.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
One more serious injury and he's retiring.... not worth the risk. Let this mob stew in their shit.
I'd argue the opposite. If he's going to permabreak lets just get it over with instead of having the same issue in 2025. Let the likes of Mam and Walsh take over and see how they fare long term.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Well yes because there wouldn't be much more time left on his contract and I don't see him playing past 25, his body isn't as robust like other Halves his age like Hunt and DCE.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
As been mentioned, if Reyno coming back is going to break him for good, probably better to get it over with.

That way the likes of Madden, Rogers, Black or whoever else is the next halfback gets a full pre-season preparing.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
No. The season is over. We will not make the finals.

Will he? Yes.
The season isn't over. The Kevolution has one more game to "get a few things right."

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Definitely, get him on the field as soon as he is able. If we manage the Dina’s then sweet. If he ***** his bicep again then it’s another three months and he’s got plenty of time till next season starts. Not that I’m saying to play him under done or anything.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
The season isn't over. The Kevolution has one more game to "get a few things right."
Given what we've seen this year, the chances of us winning 6/7 are almost zero, particularly when one of those is the Storm and we look nothing like what we did this time last year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Given what we've seen this year, the chances of us winning 6/7 are almost zero, particularly when one of those is the Storm and we look nothing like what we did this time last year.

Don't give up hope until there is no reason to be hopeful.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Storm will almost certainly rest their whole team for that since top 2 basically guaranteed.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
6 of our loses this year we were terrible for most the game but we still probably win those with better possession and luck with Injures.
With basically everyone back finally and cleaning up areas which those players will help with there is every chance we can win 6 games to finish the year.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
6 of our loses this year we were terrible for most the game but we still probably win those with better possession and luck with Injures.
With basically everyone back finally and cleaning up areas which those players will help with there is every chance we can win 6 games to finish the year.

This is vexing. Who really wants to finish 7th or 8th? You're cannon fodder in the finals.

Unread

Active Now

• JamesC
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.