Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
Daily telegraph reporting this.....

That experiment didn't last long haha

Re: Benji Marshall asks for immediate release to come back to NRL

Should the broncos make a play for the right price? Everyone is hating Hoffman. His an original keebra park boy

Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

With the recent news he has asked for a release and wants to return to nrl.
he did state when he quit he would never play against the tigers.
a lot of people have bagged Hoffman, would benji be a good buy at a good price or a defensive disaster

Benji Marshall asks Blues for immediate release in bid to return to NRL | News.com.au

BENJI Marshall’s rugby experiment has finished after just two months, with the former league star requesting an immediate release from the Auckland Blues as he seeks a return to the NRL.

Marshall’s manager Martin Tauber confirmed that his client had requested the release, and will now speak to NRL clubs interested in his services.

“It just hasn’t worked out, it is disappointing,” Tauber said.

“He’s not had the game-time he’d like.

“This has all happened over the last 36 hours.”

Asked if Marshall would be moving back to Sydney with his wife, Tauber said: “We have not spoken to any NRL clubs.

“It might be Queensland or it might be NSW, it depends who is interested in him.”

But Tauber said Marshall would not be going to the English Super League.

Marshall made the high-profile switch to union at the end of last year after an unhappy end at the Wests Tigers.

The former league Golden Boot had ambitions of making the All Blacks but has been used sparingly off the bench by Blues coach John Kirwan and has failed to impress.

It’s understood Marshall was going to be dropped out of the top squad altogether and made to play in the Blues’ development team, sparking his request from the release of a two-year contract.

I think we need to approach him, drop reed and put Hoffman to centre next to vidot. That would be a dominant back line.

I'd be on the blower to Milford and saying look son, what are you doing, no games. If he says I'm staying, sign Marshall tomorrow.

@chrisgarry1: Benji watch - spoke to officials from Titans, Broncos and NQ Cowboys and all said they were uninterested.

Re: Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

nooooooo. I don't want his brand of high risk football (silly flick passes etc) at the Broncos. He's well and truly past his best anyway.

bunji marshalls a duck (digital kiwi accent)

I'd try to sign him on a one year deal of goddam sure, what would we have to lose?

That's about where I'm at with the proposition.

Gotta be better than Hoffman or anything else we have. One year deal only .... as in right now, the rest of 2014.

I wouldn't want him hanging round taking up cap space if we have Milford with us in 2015.

Don't start giving Griffin ideas, he might start to believe a 5/8th should be able to pass.......oh wait nevermind.

Last edited:

Could you imagine the cry that Hoffman would have if we got Bunji to play 5/8????
Bunji wouldn't be the only one asking for an immediate release....
Hoffman on the wing where he belongs but I would be loath to drop Copley or Vidot when they have worked hard every game this season and have and earned their places on the wings.... In fact Copley deserves to be in the centres after his start to the season - I would have him there over Reed and I'm not a Reed hater like some - I just think Copley offers more at the moment. Copley in the centres working with Vidot and Hoffman feeding off Hodges would have some serious firepower...

While I think Bunji is definitely past his best he could turn out to be a revelation.....

not sure though....

1 year deal. If he doesn't like that, he can get nicked. He would fulfill our need for a proper number 6. Even he has to be better than Hoffman at this point.

bit off topic but im a little worried for poor hoffman? where axactly in our squad will he be playing next year if milf comes. before i just said yea well he wants to leave any way. but since then he has said hes happy and the one club who wanted him at fullback seems to have gone cold on him now to. only place i can see him is taking is maybe reeds spot at centre but even then im not sure if hed get a go there.

interesting times ahead next year any way. i hope the kid does find a place in a nrl squad somewere where he enjoys playing, he genuinely seems like a nice bloke and decent player to

Last edited:

Active Now

• porouian
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.