Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

Re: Benji Marshall asks for immediate release to come back to NRL

Surely the broncos should at least offer him a contract for the rest of this year. We have money left and could shelf him when Milf comes if he's no good. Even if hook love Hoff, Benji Marshall is a massive name to have as a depth player for half a season.

Edit: I'd be interested to see Benji play for a cheap contract at the storm. Bellamy reigning in his risky playing, and building combinations with the big three. Could be amazing... Or a huge flop.

Last edited:
Re: Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

As has been said already, 1 year deal and go from there. Don't see him going for that though. Has he specifically said he wants to return to the NRL or just League in general? I imagine a few SL clubs would be interested.

Marshall will only be going to the Sharks, as half his former WT teammates are there.

He won't want to leave Sydney again. Marshall loves being in the limelight

Marshall will only be going to the Sharks, as half his former WT teammates are there.

He won't want to leave Sydney again. Marshall loves being in the limelight

I disagree. Marshall will go to whoever wants him. I can imagine the Broncos saying listen, not many clubs have much left for this year. Come play 6 for us and you can play for a contract with another club in 2015. So step up. He grew up on the Gold Coast too so I imagine he has a lot of friends around here.

Yeah okay and where the **** does Milford fit in? Waste of dosh, although maybe a bench spot for the right price.

Yeah okay and where the **** does Milford fit in? Waste of dosh, although maybe a bench spot for the right price.

Have you read any comments or just the title? Everyone is saying the same thing, sign him for this year whilst we have only one half who does anything.

Definitely would take him for the rest of this year, we'd actually be contenders with him at 5/8 instead of Hoffman. Don't know if I want him for next year though...

That's why we're saying one year. See how he goes between now and the off season and if his form hasn't improved back to where he is better than Milford, dump his arse and slot Milf in. If he does regain his form, we'll cross that road when we come to it.

bit off topic but im a little worried for poor hoffman? where axactly in our squad will he be playing next year if milf comes. before i just said yea well he wants to leave any way. but since then he has said hes happy and the one club who wanted him at fullback seems to have gone cold on him now to. only place i can see him is taking is maybe reeds spot at centre but even then im not sure if hed get a go there.

interesting times ahead next year any way. i hope the kid does find a place in a nrl squad somewere where he enjoys playing, he genuinely seems like a nice bloke and decent player to

Dropped out the side we have better plays in every spot

If he rediscovered his running game, he'd make a superb centre too. But it's kinda doubtful.

Dropped out the side we have better plays in every spot

Haha, no. As much as Hoffman brings his own overall reputation down in the halves, he's close to the best winger in the comp.

Haha, no. As much as Hoffman brings his own overall reputation down in the halves, he's close to the best winger in the comp.
he would have a cry and he not as good as our current wingers

No

Thanks anyway

no, absolutely not.

broncos have already said they are not interested.

i suppose he could stick around for when hodges retires copley can move to centre then and hoff can take the spot on the wing.

no, absolutely not.

broncos have already said they are not interested.

I never put much stock in that tbh. From any club.

yes please.

Nope. I don't want him at the Broncos.

He will try & run the Broncos, like he did at the Wests Tigers.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Rambstien
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.