Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
i will add one more thing, don't believe everything you read in the media (or on fb pages created by 14 year olds).

C2A4ll7VIAE7GL2.jpg
Already posted. It is an interesting one..

Chris G is being quite definitive that they were seeking Hunt out
Panthers have officially announced they are not chasing Ben Hunt

In response to media speculation, Panthers would like to make it clear that the club is not in the race to sign Ben Hunt.
“We have a number of talented youngsters at the club who we have brought through our development system and we are very happy with our playing roster as it stands,” Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM said.

Gould is probably Salty he couldn't afford the $1 million.

$650 for Hunt, $800 for Milford, $700 for Boyd, $450 for McCullough that's what I would pay for them give take $100k.

$650 for Hunt, $800 for Milford, $700 for Boyd, $450 for McCullough that's what I would pay for them give take $100k.

They would all walk especially if that salary cap goes up to 10 mill like they are predicting

I think hunt and milf should be on similar coin . Both around the $750 k - $800 k

By the sounds of it , the Panthers couldn't afford him. And we have tabled a strong offer.

If you read the thread on twitter after Garry's original tweet, he goes into more detail in response to peoples questions.

Basically Penrith were very interested, and so was Hunt in what they had to offer (at least hunts manager was). Penrith realised they couldn't offer the $$ that Hunt (hunts manager) wanted, so they pulled out of the race. Hence their statement (and presumably Goulds twitter post about the 3 bedroom house).

This is all part of a managers job.

The dragons have offered more money than the Broncos are willing to.

There is alot more to consider than just an extra (lets say) 150k per year. Uprooting a new family, general lifestyle, cost of living (buying a house in Sydney or Sydneys south?), will new team be a premiership contender (dragons? No), and even such things like, would leaving the broncos stunt personal brand, both during his footy career and post, and his ability to generate income from that in the future.

Last edited:
Broncos surely would have enough room to keep the spine together.

So if the Panthers wanted Hunt, they obviously aren't considering losing Cleary so Martin must be on the outer. I'd take him in a heartbeat!

Apparently Hunt told Panthers no, not the other way around.

Salary cap is 12mill with a 1 mill Marquee Allowance. So 13 and its only paying 30- 35 players in squad rather than 60. No more 20s and tier 2.

Salary cap is 12mill with a 1 mill Marquee Allowance. So 13 and its only paying 30- 35 players in squad rather than 60. No more 20s and tier 2.

explain how you know what the salary cap will be for 2018 when the ARLC don't even know what it will be yet

Active Now

• barker
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.