Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Yeah, I forgot ... It was all Hunt's fault that Oates came in off his wing allowing the Cowboys to send the game to extra time on the siren.

and are you seriously trying to tell me that in 2017 (or more likely 2018) Benji is a better chance of leading us to a premiership than Hunt?
It was silly to spear tackle Linnett , but Morgan did end up sucking Oates in off the wing.

That's just incorrect. Having a somewhat suitable stop gap definitely impacts on if he stays or not.

Benji is not a suitable stop gap, doesn't matter how often you say it.

you realise hunt is negotiating for 2018?

Benji is on a 1 year deal. he may retire after 2017, he may get an extension. Benji isnt even interested in playing in the halves, and thats not why he was signed. but yes, he offers the ability to fill in if either are injured (as does nikorima).

But hang on, we are apparently the idiots...

you realise hunt is negotiating for 2018?

Benji is on a 1 year deal. he may retire after 2017, he may get an extension. Benji isnt even interested in playing in the halves, and thats not why he was signed. but yes, he offers the ability to fill in if either are injured (as does nikorima).
WTF? Of course he is interested in playing in the halves. Whether or not that happens, is an entirely different matter, as is the purpose of his recruitment.

Benji is a good cover not only for injuries, but also as a stop gap should Hunt leave. Like it or not, it gives the Broncos a weapon to throw on the negotiations table if Hunt gets too greedy, besides allowing us to postpone a decision on his extension, while looking at what the Hunt of 2017 will look like...

Benji has won a premiership. Hunt has lost two. It was largely his fault the Broncos lost that under 20s grand final as well. Bloke can't handle the heat.

How was it Hunt's fault that Broncos lost that 20's GF?

WTF? Of course he is interested in playing in the halves. Whether or not that happens, is an entirely different matter, as is the purpose of his recruitment.

Benji is a good cover not only for injuries, but also as a stop gap should Hunt leave. Like it or not, it gives the Broncos a weapon to throw on the negotiations table if Hunt gets too greedy, besides allowing us to postpone a decision on his extension, while looking at what the Hunt of 2017 will look like...

Hang on, we are talking about halfback and Benji has already stated he doesn't want to play halfback and feels that is why his game suffered at the dragons. His form in that position backs up the fact that he shouldn't be playing there. Considering the issues you have with Hunt it seems ridiculous that you think Benji replacing Hunt is a rational idea.

Hang on, we are talking about halfback and Benji has already stated he doesn't want to play halfback and feels that is why his game suffered at the dragons. His form in that position backs up the fact that he shouldn't be playing there. Considering the issues you have with Hunt it seems ridiculous that you think Benji replacing Hunt is a rational idea.
I'm sure he prefers halfback to centre though...

Regardless it's a valid negotiating tactic, and as said, I see Benji as a stop gap, not a replacement for Hunt. I would of course prefer Hunt, even if Benji does have a better kicking game.

Most importantly, it can give the Broncos more time to see what Hunt's performance will be like in 2017 before locking him on a longer contract, and doesn't leave us hostage to pay more than we want, when we have so many other players' contracts to renew.

I'm sure he prefers halfback to centre though...

Regardless it's a valid negotiating tactic, and as said, I see Benji as a stop gap, not a replacement for Hunt. I would of course prefer Hunt, even if Benji does have a better kicking game.

Most importantly, it can give the Broncos more time to see what Hunt's performance will be like in 2017 before locking him on a longer contract, and doesn't leave us hostage to pay more than we want, when we have so many other players' contracts to renew.

If that's what we are going to the negotiating table with and Hunt actually buys that it will be a competition for who is the biggest fuckhead.

If that's what we are going to the negotiating table with and Hunt actually buys that it will be a competition for who is the biggest fuckhead.
It would be if we were talking about Thurston, Cronk, or maybe even Milford... but we're not.

Yeah, after hunts knock on gave them the ball with 45 seconds to go...

The ball was actually knocked out by Feldt which was a knock on from him.

Did you watch the game? He did the same thing he did against cowboys. Shut up shop and had a woeful kicking game for the last 30

I did see it.

Hunt did not cost us that game. What cost us that game was no one marking Croker, who was actually offside.

His kicking wasn't as bad as you think.

Your hatred for Hunt is blinding you.

The ball was actually knocked out by Feldt which was a knock on from him.

I did see it.

Hunt did not cost us that game. What cost us that game was no one marking Croker, who was actually offside.

His kicking wasn't as bad as you think.

Your hatred for Hunt is blinding you.
There you go again with the default line, it's getting old. Hunt's haters, Hunt's lovers, blah blah...

Not a single person here thinks Hunt is a bad player. It all comes down to some people putting more emphasis on his weaknesses, others on his strengths, and whether or not he will improve enough, all to benefit the Broncos.

Note that I don't agree with Morepudding, and won't single handedly blame Hunt when the whole team shut up shop, but Hunt was woeful in that GF, and I'm discounting the very unfortunate dropped ball in extra time.

As I've said many times, I think his weaknesses come most to the fore the tougher the opposition is (the odd game against Melbourne is not going to convince me otherwise), and no matter how many try assists he has throughout the season, it's the tough opponents we have to get through that will determine whether or not we win the competition. I don't think he has or will ever have what it takes to get through those.

At this point, he's the best we got and there aren't any options out there even close to improve on him, so I can only hope Hunt's proves me wrong and leads us to a premiership, but regardless, I think 2017 will be defining for him.

Yeah we were talking about the NYC GF.

As for that being my default line, I suggest you read my posts again.

Hunt didn't play poorly in the NYC grand final.

He just couldn't snap a field goal or kick goals.

Brisbane actually scored more tries than Canberra in regulation, goal-kicking proved the difference with Dugan nailing all his conversions and Hunt only managing 2/5.

Otherwise he was one of the stand-out performers alongside Yow Yeh and McCullough.

Do you guys reckon Hunt cost us the 2015 GF? :devil:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.