Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Yeah we were talking about the NYC GF.

As for that being my default line, I suggest you read my posts again.
Which ones? This:

People will be angry with Hunt regardless.

It won't matter what he does. The anti Hunt brigade will never be happy.

Or this:

I stubbed my toe on the door this morning..

Fucking Ben Hunt..

Or this:

Re: Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

Even if Ben Hunt did win us the comp, these threads would still likely be posted.

Or maybe this one?

The anti-Hunt brigade have bad memories when it comes to Hunt's short kicking.

But none of them want to go through the footage.. They will tell people to go through the footage but won't do it themselves. So there is no point trying to argue with them. It's just going to keep going around in circles.
That's just from this thread. Can you discern the pattern?

Do you guys reckon Hunt cost us the 2015 GF? :devil:

Let's put it this way. 16 All - anything can happen.

16 all - dropped ball - 10m out giving the cowboys six tackles to kick a field goal.

So we blame Oates and Hunt almost equally. Almost.

Which ones? This:

Or this:

Or this:

Or maybe this one?

That's just from this thread. Can you discern the pattern?

Anti doesn't mean haters.

Try again.

As for the second and third post. One of them was me taking the piss.

The other was simple fact. Even if Hunt did win us a GF, he would still have those deficiencies you speak of. These threads would still be created. Posts would still be made about them.

Try again.

The other was simple fact. Even if Hunt did win us a GF, he would still have those deficiencies you speak of. These threads would still be created. Posts would still be made about them.

"Your hatred for Hunt is blinding you"

Top of the thread.

You and Mitchy boy and others are the ones characterising criticism as 'hatred'. So you have simply had your critique of 'hatred' deemed hating.

"Your hatred for Hunt is blinding you"

Top of the thread.

You and Mitchy boy and others are the ones characterising criticism as 'hatred'. So you have simply had your critique of 'hatred' deemed hating.

Keep up.

Read the post from Porthoz in response to that comment and my post after his.

Keep up.

Read the post from Porthoz in response to that comment and my post after his.

Ah so you're just an anti 'anti-ben hunt' poster.

Who uses the word 'hatred' to characterize someone's critique? Who needs to keep up again?

Ben Hunt plays for the Broncos, he has never been spoken of on these boards, ever.

Not much to keep up with right?

That's really my only issue with the people who defend Hunt like he's their first born child, they all think that people on here who criticise his deficiencies do so because we hate his guts, it's quite the contrary. I can't speak for @Porthoz and everyone else who has pointed out his flaws over the last few years, but I know for myself, if Hunt came out in 2017 with the same confidence he had in 2015 & made 25% less errors with his short kicks & 5th tackle options, he'd literally be my favourite player on the team, as he was during the 2015 regular season.

It's one of my biggest hopes coming in the season, I'd absolutely fucking love it if Hunt came in and was kicking ass again, because I really don't want to watch another season like 2016 where he's just completely out of it.

I get that Hunt needs to be a bit more selective in his kicks and has work to do on his shorter kicking game but the way some people carry on around here is like he is the shitest kicker in the entire league. That and people often overlook our success rate in the opposition 20 (which has been one of the best in the NRL for the last couple of years) and just drag up the same old adage of not enough repeat sets. Who needs a repeat set if your scoring tries. Also, giving the ball back to the opposition on their own try line sometimes isn't a bad thing rather than a 7 tackle set from the 20

That's really my only issue with the people who defend Hunt like he's their first born child, they all think that people on here who criticise his deficiencies do so because we hate his guts, it's quite the contrary. I can't speak for @Porthoz and everyone else who has pointed out his flaws over the last few years, but I know for myself, if Hunt came out in 2017 with the same confidence he had in 2015 & made 25% less errors with his short kicks & 5th tackle options, he'd literally be my favourite player on the team, as he was during the 2015 regular season.

It's one of my biggest hopes coming in the season, I'd absolutely fucking love it if Hunt came in and was kicking ass again, because I really don't want to watch another season like 2016 where he's just completely out of it.
I am pretty confident he will hit form again this year. It seems from the reports that he has finally realised that the difference between good and great is how hard you work.

Good to hear some positivity, a lot of sites say the Broncos are on the slide and will be lucky to make the top eight this season without the likes of Parker and Wallace.

What a load of shit. You guys have polluted a lot of threads whinging about Ben Hunt last year and now you're acting like a bunch of victims. Why are we calling you haters? Obviously not because you hate him but because you won't shut up about his flaws which you somehow believe haven't been said before. Guess what? It's said nearly every day.

Good to hear some positivity, a lot of sites say the Broncos are on the slide and will be lucky to make the top eight this season without the likes of Parker and Wallace.

Yeah have noticed a lot of people saying that . Also alot of bronco butt hurt about. So hope we come out swinging!

Fellas, please. This is the anti-anti ben hunt vs the pro anti bent hunt debate.

What a load of shit. You guys have polluted a lot of threads whinging about Ben Hunt last year and now you're acting like a bunch of victims. Why are we calling you haters? Obviously not because you hate him but because you won't shut up about his flaws which you somehow believe haven't been said before. Guess what? It's said nearly every day.

Who and when, detective?

Spot the new guy...

This whole 'debate' goes about as far back as 2014, if not 2013.

It started off with Boyd, moved onto Milford and now it's zeroed onto Hunt.

Try again.

Yeah, that's exactly what it means in this context, don't bring semantics into it.
You don't call anyone Anti something because of their love for it...

Anyway, not going to continue this shit fight.

I get that Hunt needs to be a bit more selective in his kicks and has work to do on his shorter kicking game but the way some people carry on around here is like he is the shitest kicker in the entire league. That and people often overlook our success rate in the opposition 20 (which has been one of the best in the NRL for the last couple of years) and just drag up the same old adage of not enough repeat sets. Who needs a repeat set if your scoring tries. Also, giving the ball back to the opposition on their own try line sometimes isn't a bad thing rather than a 7 tackle set from the 20
And you guys keep repeating the same line about Hunt's try assists and success in the 20, which albeit true against weaker opposition, disguises his performances against the top teams, where his success rate is abysmal, and his lack of composure and kicking comes to the fore.

And yes, in terms of halfbacks, his kicking is one of the worst in the NRL.

Yeah, that's exactly what it means in this context, don't bring semantics into it.
You don't call anyone Anti something because of their love for it...

Anyway, not going to continue this shit fight.

Except that's not what it means.

When I say it, I'm not calling people haters. If I want to call people haters, I'll just call them haters, which I have done a few times. But not enough for it to be my default line.

You don't even know why I say it or who I'm even directing it at.

I would appreciate it if you would not pretend you think you know why I say it, who I'm directing it at and what I mean by it. Because you don't.

Now, moving along.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Bish
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.