Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
I think too many people get worried about the people coming through etc. Every year there are a few halves who improve drastically and have a breakout year. Last year players like Ash Taylor, Timare Martin (before injury), Nathan Cleary were all new players and all have a lot of potential. Then players like Maloney and Mitch Moses jumped up another gear. If Hunt leaves, There is a decent chance the Broncos will get Ash Taylor back for 2018. The titans will likely face some salary cap issues with players like Hayne, James, Proctor and Elgey all likely to take up a huge chunk of their money. If not, I'm sure there is going to be a couple of halves who are more than capable to have a breakout year and the Broncos will be able to attract them knowing they would partner with Milford. With Milford as our 5/8, we don't need a super star halfback. We need someone who can support him and help direct the team around the park with a decent kicking game. They don't need to have the skills Hunt possesed with running game etc. More often than not, the expensive players tend to be the 'match winner' type players. The ones who have that strong running game and can win a game on their own, and really, Hunt is one of those players. We have a few of those as it is, so for a fraction of the cost we could get someone who can help us be more organised in our attacking sets.

Never thought I would say this but I wouldn't mind Pearce until someone else came along. That's if Hunt leaves.

He is rubbish at rep level, but I always thought he was good at club level. He would bring what we currently don't have which would take pressure off Milford.

My preference would be Cleary as I think he will be better than Taylor, but he'll stay at Penrith.

I think too many people get worried about the people coming through etc. Every year there are a few halves who improve drastically and have a breakout year. Last year players like Ash Taylor, Timare Martin (before injury), Nathan Cleary were all new players and all have a lot of potential. Then players like Maloney and Mitch Moses jumped up another gear. If Hunt leaves, There is a decent chance the Broncos will get Ash Taylor back for 2018. The titans will likely face some salary cap issues with players like Hayne, James, Proctor and Elgey all likely to take up a huge chunk of their money. If not, I'm sure there is going to be a couple of halves who are more than capable to have a breakout year and the Broncos will be able to attract them knowing they would partner with Milford. With Milford as our 5/8, we don't need a super star halfback. We need someone who can support him and help direct the team around the park with a decent kicking game. They don't need to have the skills Hunt possesed with running game etc. More often than not, the expensive players tend to be the 'match winner' type players. The ones who have that strong running game and can win a game on their own, and really, Hunt is one of those players. We have a few of those as it is, so for a fraction of the cost we could get someone who can help us be more organised in our attacking sets.
Elgey taking up space on salary cap?? For real..? He's played one season...

Elgey taking up space on salary cap?? For real..? He's played one season...
Didn't they already give him a fairly decent contract upgrade?

*EDIT: Just checked, apparently 3 year 1.6 million. So that is more than what Hunt is currently on.

If it came to a half I wouldn't mind Broncos putting money out for Luke Brooks. Brooks is a good controlling half just needs a decent forward pack in front of him.

If it came to a half I wouldn't mind Broncos putting money out for Luke Brooks. Brooks is a good controlling half just needs a decent forward pack in front of him.
No.......just no

I would much prefer to keep Hunt as I'm sure @Kyall would but if we do lose him, I actually agree Brooks would not be the worst option available. He is better than his team and coach will allow him to be at present.

Despite Hunts drop in form I would be upset to lose him. He's been a great clubman. Its sounds like an amazing deal though and he should take it.

I assume that Tyrone Roberts is the most likely replacement. A bit of a scary thought but what do you guys think? He's become a bit of a joke but there is some skill in there.

I don't mind Roberts. Always thought his kicking game was pretty good and controlled things reasonably well for a young half in shit sides.

Taylor has just made a statement that he won't be leaving Titans to return Broncos next year.

“The Titans gave me an opportunity and I love it dearly,’’ Taylor said. “I’m not going to disrespect them and pack up and leave just because Ben Hunt’s signed elsewhere.
“At the moment I am signed with the Titans and I am enjoying myself there. For now, that’s where my heart is.’’

Doesn't sound that bad to me, sounds like he's ruled out asking for a release this year, but the second part of the quote gives me hope that he's keen to come home in 2018.

Doesn't sound that bad to me, sounds like he's ruled out asking for a release this year, but the second part of the quote gives me hope that he's keen to come home in 2018.

if the statement was that he won't be leaving the Titans to return to us NEXT YEAR, then he won't be back before 2019 at the earliest (if at all)

I actually like the sound of that... sounds just like the kid I knew.

if the statement was that he won't be leaving the Titans to return to us NEXT YEAR, then he won't be back before 2019 at the earliest (if at all)

Yeah but a lot can change in 6 months. The important part to take away from the quote is that he's certainly not ruling out coming home. His tone might change when they offer him a contract extension and he realises that they're giving all of their money to Hayne

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.