Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
It's tricky - because for a lot of us, he has this year and this year only to prove himself. It's a gamble one way or the other. At his peak, he is amazing. But his valleys are low, too low for someone his age with his experience. I hope you are right - but why is he going to have his best year so far? Did he need to put a year between him and the 2015 GF?

I just think that he has had a year to get over his grand final mishap and will definitely be better thank last year.

Also I think the signing of Jason Demetriou is one of the best we have made in a couple of years as his work with the halves is very good and I think he will really help Humt reach his best.

So Ben Hunt is not an organiser (allegedly), but our best options to replace him are players like Marshall (not an organiser), Elgey (not an organiser), Jack Bird (not an organiser, potentially not even a half), Maloney (not an organiser), or a rookie? Okey dokey.

And now Penrith are courting Hunt, right after Gus called him an overpriced 3-bedroom home? Fantastic bargaining there, has Negging finally entered the realm of professional sports recruitment?

Jack Bird potentially not a half? He played a full season at five eighth were Cronulla made the semi finals and represented Country at five eighth. Yeah potentially not a half.

Think it was agreed that a release for him would be granted only if he got game time . As we all know , he got more than expected.
That's sounds like a ridiculous agreement. So Club A gives Club B their star rookie for a few seasons so he can get game time experience. Then once he becomes awesome he goes back Club A leaving Club B up shit creek. I'm sorry but no one would agree to that...

Ash Taylor is at the Coast till 2019 and no doubt he will be offered an extension beyond that.

I think it comes down to whether Ash wants to come back or not. Players get out of contracts all the time.

That's sounds like a ridiculous agreement. So Club A gives Club B their star rookie for a few seasons so he can get game time experience. Then once he becomes awesome he goes back Club A leaving Club B up shit creek. I'm sorry but no one would agree to that...

Ash Taylor is at the Coast till 2019 and no doubt he will be offered an extension beyond that.

Sounds like a great deal for the broncs ! Not sure that titans know he will leave , but surely they have some idea .Everyone can believe what they want , look up rodferwilco's post about it .

Didnt Daniel O'dowd mention Tyrone Roberts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170112-104456.png
    Screenshot_20170112-104456.png
    555.6 KB · Views: 81
Jack Bird potentially not a half? He played a full season at five eighth were Cronulla made the semi finals and represented Country at five eighth. Yeah potentially not a half.

He's a running half at best. Just because someone can kick & pass doesn't mean they should be playing in the halves.

I think it comes down to whether Ash wants to come back or not. Players get out of contracts all the time.

This is it ! Obviously Wayne holds him in high regard, hence wanting him to play 1st grade asap.

This is it ! Obviously Wayne holds him in high regard, hence wanting him to play 1st grade asap.

If he wanted Taylor to play first grade he never would have released him in the first place...

He wants Hunt to play first grade, Taylor will never come back here unless Hunt moves on. and if any club wants to pry Hunt away from us, it will need to be an incredible offer

If he wanted Taylor to play first grade he never would have released him in the first place...

He wants Hunt to play first grade, Taylor will never come back here unless Hunt moves on. and if any club wants to pry Hunt away from us, it will need to be an incredible offer

If Hunt can't deliver this year - I can't see Wayne keeping him until 2020. But who knows? Obviously Taylor won't come back if Hunt is still here. We are talking about if Hunt leaves, either by choice or not. Then we would be on the lookout, and starting with players that WANT to come here.

Why would you play him when he was still an unknown ? Hunt was the better player (still is atm) so next best option, release him under the condition he gets a run in first grade . And then possibly bring him back .

Getting the full square blame for losing the GF, despite not being the only player on the field, he was bound to be second guessing ever move, every decision last year. Hopefully this season that albatross is gone.

If Hunt can't deliver this year - I can't see Wayne keeping him until 2020. But who knows? Obviously Taylor won't come back if Hunt is still here. We are talking about if Hunt leaves, either by choice or not. Then we would be on the lookout, and starting with players that WANT to come here.

Just because he didn't reach the same heights that he did in 2015 doesn't mean he was poor in 2015, he is still one of the top halfbacks in the NRL. and before you release him, there needs to be someone better that is willing to sign for you.

of the halfbacks off contract at the end of 2017, none of them are better than Hunt (with the exception of Cronk if he is off contract, but he is no chance of getting here anyway)

FTR, If Milford wants the type of cash that has been talked about him getting, then he needs to be our number 1 half and go-t0-guy ... not Hunt

Active Now

• Fozz
  • DrGee
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Emanon
  • Skathen
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • Justwin
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • sooticus
  • Midean
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.