Should we move to lock up Milford now?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The only reason I bring this up is because of Hunt's departure. It caught mostly everyone unawares, we were sold that he was loyal to the club and that was the end of it but the desperation of the southern clubs for decent players is bigger than we thought, and Milford is arguably a bigger target than Hunt for poaching. If we lose even him, I will be staggered.

The only reason I bring this up is because of Hunt's departure. It caught mostly everyone unawares, we were sold that he was loyal to the club and that was the end of it but the desperation of the southern clubs for decent players is bigger than we thought, and Milford is arguably a bigger target than Hunt for poaching. If we lose even him, I will be staggered.
He is not going anywhere. In raiders he was offer millions dollars and even bring his family to Canberra.

I thought we were extending him until 2020 or 2021 or something?

So what happens as Milford ages and loses his explosive speed? Has he got enough game to be still worth it?

Probably? He's only 23 this year so there's plenty of time left before we have to deal with that anyway.

So what happens as Milford ages and loses his explosive speed? Has he got enough game to be still worth it?
While I love Milford, I too am concerned by this. For all of his spectacular plays, none of them yet have been down superior 'football smarts'. They've all been speed/elusiveness/freakish skill, not that there's anything wrong with that at this stage of his career.

With hunt departing the broncos will be able to match just about any offer that gets thrown at Milford.

They're basically banking on him now to be the man knowing already he may go for upwards of $1M a season

With hunt departing the broncos will be able to match just about any offer that gets thrown at Milford.

They're basically banking on him now to be the man knowing already he may go for upwards of $1M a season

He will get his million a year ... but IMO, he hasn't earned it yet.

million a year salaries are for the very top players. IMO, for him to deserve that sort of money, he needs to turn himself into the complete half.

He needs to add a quality kicking game and good game management to his awesome running game.

Absolutely.

Without Milford, the Broncos become utterly irrelevant and would be boring to watch.

And what company wouldn't want to endorse him? He's one of the most marketable in the game and it wouldn't be a stretch to see his third party earnings skyrocket over the coming years.

Sign him up to a five year contract, build the team around him and the Broncos will win premiership #7 in that time frame.

I have complete faith in Milford. At the fan day there were two players that really stood out to me. Milford and Ese'ese both look amazing. More than that though they were also more confident and comfortable in themselves than I have seen before. They have improved for sure and I am considering a sneaky bet on Milford for the Dally M this year.

No, but that's why you gotta hope he doesn't lose the speed.

If we signed Milford for $6m over the next 6 years I'd be stoked.

I wouldn't be ...

Firstly, I hate 6 year contracts, has the potential to screw up our salary cap for years, if the player doesn't perform.

secondly, and it may just be me, but i think million dollar halves need to be complete halves ... Milford isn't that yet

secondly, and it may just be me, but i think million dollar halves need to be complete halves

Dragons management after reading this post:

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Fozz
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.