Siebold was never the problem, change my mind

Roosters

Roosters

Sep 25, 2020
When you still can't string together a win after sacking the 'problem's then its obvious he wasn't the real issue, hey. Merely a scapegoat.

Seibold was certainly part of the problem. 50/50 between him and the playing group. If there isn't a major roster clean out it will be the same next season. I was firmly in the Green camp, but now think, that because the roster overhaul cannot be done close season due to the likes of Bird Milford and others still being contracted and difficult to move on, then Kevvie is the logical choice as he has worked with the players before. Maybe he can turn pigs ears back to silk purses.

Are you a bit bored? Do you need some cuddles and attention on this Friday afternoon? I can never get my head around fans who choose to troll on opposition forums. I hope you are at least recieving JobSeeker with all this spare time that you have.

Seibold totally to blame? No the players certainly deserve their fair share of shit as much as the management level at the club do. Seibold never the problem? Wrong there. Seibold made many mistakes and failed to implement changes promised especially after a disasterous finals defeat in 2019, he had the entire off-season to implement them and delivered squat on that promise. He showed continued inability to stand upto the players and send a message that pissweak attitude can not be tolerated.

He "dropped" Oates only to be reinstated that same game cause it hurts Oates feelings. A coach who can't even stand upto his players and show emotion is never going to gain the respect from his players. Every post match interview was like reading from a script where the same old crap about effort was there etc and when asked about things like have you considered about changing up your halves combination he looked stunned like he hadn't even contemplated the very notion.

Last edited:
Are you a bit bored? Do you need some cuddles and attention on this Friday afternoon? I can never get my head around fans who choose to troll on opposition forums. I hope you are at least recieving JobSeeker with all this spare time that you have.
Who said I'm unemployed? :) very boring and uncreative reply though, attempting to attack the man and not the arguement? Shouldn't expect anything more from Broncos fan though, generally lack the intelligence to debate a topic.

Who said I'm unemployed? :) very boring and uncreative reply though, attempting to attack the man and not the arguement? Shouldn't expect anything more from Broncos fan though, generally lack the intelligence to debate a topic.
This topic has been covered plenty on here. We don't need opposition fans sinking the boot in. Yes, we are a train wreck. Yes, Seibs is a fucking idiot. Yes, there is a long road ahead. Satisfied?

When you have a 337 game veteran who can't play without serious coaching the playing group is just as culpable. I think the read the hate of Pies, and clocked off knowing that he was going to take the bullet that was meant for them. Pies was one problem, but certain players who have the experience, age and reputation to get through a game without being told to tackle the man with the ball are also the issue. Kevin, Paul, whoever will struggle in 2021 if these clowns aren't shown the door. Oates is one who springs to mind, an origin class whinger shouldn't have to be taught to stay out and mark his man, and he is only one example.

Siebold was only part of the problem, he made some big misteps and his biggest was attempting to erase the past. The most comprehensive injury list of all teams over 2020 was another part of the problem.

Despite that, results are results and coaches live and die by their results. He took the team knowing exactly what the playing group situation was. If a coach can't get wins then he's part of the problem. End of discussion.

Last edited:
I think Seibold and the systems he attempted to put into place are 100% of the reason we came last. I don't know how much long term damage he did but we certainly weren't going to undo it with a few weeks left in the season. I'm not blaming any of the players at this point.

this seems as good a thread as any for this comment

Seibs biggest issue IMO was his inflexibility when his coaching methods and systems simply weren't working.

I heard his methods described in the following way once ... and I think it is a pretty accurate analysis.

at Souths it was like he was giving a masters degree to a bunch of graduate students ... where as, at the Broncos he was trying to give a masters degree to a bunch of high school students.

our incredibly young and inexperienced team was not ready for the systems he put in place and he didn't have the flexibility (or was too stubborn) to change what even blind freddy could see wasn't working

I think Seibold and the systems he attempted to put into place are 100% of the reason we came last. I don't know how much long term damage he did but we certainly weren't going to undo it with a few weeks left in the season. I'm not blaming any of the players at this point.

Gee, I am : Boyd, Oates and Offa for starters. IMO, they did everything they could to undermine Seibold and it showed on the field. I also wouldn't be surprised either if Milford was a part of this shambles, intensifying the toxic fallout from the way Bennett was turfed. Again IMO it affected the entire roster with a few notable exceptions. Add to that the toxic Old Boys who just can't come at the fact that anyone but a Broncos hero has no entitlement to be part of the club. They are for mine, scum.

In any event, for me, this thread simply highlights the fact that certain players ought to be pissed off, never to return, like Oates and Offa. At least Boyd is gone. As for Milford, despite being a fan of his skills, he too can **** off if he shits the bed after a few games next year.

As for Seibold, his shortcomings have been dealt with enough in these threads. I've had enough. Time to forget, and heal

Last edited:

What topic? You barely put together a coherent sentence regarding your "topic". You come on here and expect us to take you seriously when your display picture is a wooden spoon. You're clearly here to troll.

I do agree with the subject line. The core of the problem is the playing group. Seibold let it happen though and seemingly never attempted to fix it and that's why he had to go, IMO.

Gee, I am : Boyd, Oates and Offa for starters. IMO, they did everything they could to undermine Seibold and it showed on the field. I also wouldn't be surprised either if Milford was a part of this shambles, intensifying the toxic fallout from the way Bennett was turfed. Again IMO it affected the entire roster with a few notable exceptions. Add to that the toxic Old Boys who just can't come at the fact that anyone but a Broncos hero has no entitlement to be part of the club. They are for mine, scum.

In any event, for me, this thread simply highlights the fact that certain players ought to be pissed off, never to return, like Oates and Offa. At least Boyd is gone. As for Milford, despite being a fan of his skills, he too can **** off if he shits the bed after a few games next year.

As for Seibold, his shortcomings have been dealt with enough in these threads. I've had enough. Time to forget, and heal
You've named four players who were all good enough to play for QLD and Australia before Seibold got hold of them. All our players came with a high pedigree but have since devolved into clueless wrecks under his watch. Sure, you can blame the players because they're on the field dishing up the dreck, but no amount of musical chairs made the slightest difference. The rot came from the top.

We will be better next year. I'm sure we'll make the finals. Even with the squad we have.

You've named four players who were all good enough to play for QLD and Australia before Seibold got hold of them.

Boyd - Dropped from rep sides while playing for Bennett
Oates - in and out of the side while playing for Bennett, Played all 3 origins while playing for Seibold
Ofa - made his Origin debut while playing for Seibold
Milford - played 2 matches as a stop gap, also dropped while playing for Bennett ... never had a look in since

Last edited:
Boyd - Dropped for rep sides under Bennett
Oates - in and out of the side under Bennett, Played all 3 origins under seibs
Ofa - made his Origin debut while playing for Seibold
Milford - played 2 matches as a stop gap, also dropped while under Bennett ... never had a look in since

Oates is the only one of these I've ever worried about but it is hard to defend what he has dished up later in the season. In saying that i hold Seibold/coaching staff responsible for the lack of utilisation of that wing wing and ALL our wingers coming in off the wing. There were plenty of games last season where we could have given Oates the touchies flag and no one would notice. We leaked so many tries down the other wing that no one targeted his wing in reverse either.

I agree in principle.

Seibold's selection as head coach was a symptom of the problem.

I'm convinced the main criteria (unspoken) for the coach who followed Bennett was someone the Board and management could push around and manipulate.

The Board was tired of being stood up to. They picked a junior, pliable, wimp who could give the perception he was in charge.

I base this on the fact that many player movements were first floated in the press and then became reality. So, the board leaked to the press, and then the coach had to follow in lock-step - something Bennett would never do.

This pattern applied to the end when all sorts of stories about Seibold were leaked to the press, with the intention of making Seibold resign. Why? Because if the board sacked a five-year coach in his second year they would have looked incompetent - which they didn't want.

Ugly stuff.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.