Six Again Calls

That's the best you're going to get, the NRL only releases their laws and interpretations at the start of the year and rarely keep it upgraded.

As far as hand on the ball, I believe they're referring to the 'release' phase of the tackle where players are meant to let go.
Thanks, I was more looking for something official like an addendum to the rule book etc.

That article does raise a query over the strip though, if a hand on the ball is an infringement. How are the tacklers allowed to grapple around the ball, then call the other players off but fail to strip the ball not a 6 again infringement?
In a similar way to how a drop kick is not a knock on (especially if you are one William Slater), the one act negates the other.

In a similar way to how a drop kick is not a knock on (especially if you are one William Slater), the one act negates the other.
I like how similar events have been called knock-ons since then. Think there was one late last year and billy was in commentary and they all had a big dig at him over it "jokingly".

Last edited:

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • LGH
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • kiwibronco
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Adammacca
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.