Slimmed down Broncos to thrive under new rules

Hope Corey Oates ability as a part time winger to read backline defence has also got bigger...

Just sayin.

I hope his inside men learn to defend for themselves so he doesn't have to cover both like he has had to in the past.

My sources have told me that Dylan Napa took the last large singlet so Ben Hunt was stuck with a medium. Also, 2014 pre-season was like 4 years ago. Everyone get's fatter as they get older.

Nobody is going to believe anything you say for some time tbh.

You can actually lose weight while putting on muscle that is for sure. On Ben Hunt the two pictures are completely different poster so to hard to say. He does look like he may have bit of a pot belly but other then that he looks good. At least he doesn't have huge bags under his eyes like Pearce
external

This was from nearly a month ago.

What makes people so sure that gut wasn't something else? I know plenty of people that tie stuff around them while training.

1454666515.png

Last edited:
What makes people so sure that gut wasn't something else? I know plenty of people that tie stuff around them while training.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the thing that players wear to monitor heart rate and metres run etc like a brassiere? I don't think it's around the stomach.

I reckon he looks bigger because he has the gun show on display.

...How long is it until the Auckland 9s again?

With not a moment to spare.

At the rate things are going we may have to start talking about the English Super League.

Sorry guys, I have post traumatic stress syndrome from the Hook era where all of my players were overweight. Even the slightest hint of extra baggage triggers me.

There's been enough "Carl Webb is in the best shape of his career" stories to realise most of this pre-season training stuff is just fluff. Even in 2012 and 14 the Broncos were supposedly in great shape, it didn't amount to much.

The only noteworthy story of the article is Bennett actively recruiting more mobile forwards.

Sorry guys, I have post traumatic stress syndrome from the Hook era where all of my players were overweight. Even the slightest hint of extra baggage triggers me.

Justified.

Anyway, back to the English Super League discussion ...

On a more serious note, having them leaner, fitter and hopefully a little faster can only aid our defence, particularly the scramble defence which was so good last year anyway.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.