Slimmed down Broncos to thrive under new rules

Hmmm I'm not sure, I would say he is still 1.5 - 2 kgs heavier than last year, however I'll wait for confirmation from @Unbreakable.

Yeah he looks fine in that photo, the main reason I said he looked thick in that other photo was that he just looked really bloated, but that can be the case in pre-season, a player can lose a good 3-4 kilos of excess water over a couple of days of hard training.

I will say that Milford still looks a little bit heavy for my liking, but it's been pretty well documented that he came back to pre-season a little on the chunky side. Hopefully he doesn't take 4-6 games to get into shape like he did last year.

Judging from the 9s, Thaiday missed the team meeting about slimming down.

Alex Corvo will be at the warriors next season. Kearney just signed him.

Victim of the off-field cap coming into play?

Victim of the off-field cap coming into play?
This off field cap is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of... where the **** does it end. Just keeps punishing better run clubs.

Why the **** should a coach take a pay cut because they're good at their job?? Why should a club limit spending on conditionining and potentially put their players at risk.

If a shit club can't keep up then fucking punt them... but no let's drag the rest of the comp back to their level just so the tigers might be able to scrape into the 8 every now and then.

Unlike players coaching staff can't be propped up by third party so they're putting a blanket limitation on what they're able to earn. It just means the better former players will move to media if coaching gigs can't pay you enough.

I want to know which genius came up with the idea and why they feel it necessary anyway.

This off field cap is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of... where the **** does it end. Just keeps punishing better run clubs.

Why the **** should a coach take a pay cut because they're good at their job?? Why should a club limit spending on conditionining and potentially put their players at risk.

If a shit club can't keep up then fucking punt them... but no let's drag the rest of the comp back to their level just so the tigers might be able to scrape into the 8 every now and then.

Unlike players coaching staff can't be propped up by third party so they're putting a blanket limitation on what they're able to earn. It just means the better former players will move to media if coaching gigs can't pay you enough.

I want to know which genius came up with the idea and why they feel it necessary anyway.

Because of this... We finally flex a bit of our financial muscle and Sydney sh*ts itself...

I doubt any other club in Australia would be able to build a $27m training facility...

Attachments

• IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
The NRL is losing far more pull with players. It's still a great comp, but refereeing, obvious biases towards some teams, and now shit like this off field cap nonsense will push good players away. Why would you want to play in a pissant competition that can't even guarantee you surgery or rehab?

There shouldn't even be a salary cap, or at least one similar to Baseball in the US. If you can't run your club at a profit too bad, cya later.

EDIT: plus in union you stand around doing nothing for most of the game, so there's far less wear and tear on your body, fewer head knocks, etc.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.