NEWS Slow news day: Paul Malone: Why Israel Folau makes my Broncos team of the decade

Big shame Folau left, he was just beginning to dominate at centre.

He only played centre in 2010 because Hodges was out the entire season. If he stayed, he would have gone back to the wing. You could argue that if Folau stayed, JYY may well have left us, just as Winterstein did after debuting in the same game.

Surely Karmichael Hunt’s ghost gets a nod over Boyd. ****, give it to Lachlan Maranta if we have to.

Surely Karmichael Hunt’s ghost gets a nod over Boyd. ****, give it to Lachlan Maranta if we have to.
See, this is the problem with all the lame Boyd jokes. The ones that were funny have already been done, now it just makes the person saying them look stupid because they're trying so hard to be funny and it just doesn't work. It got old a long time ago guys.

See, this is the problem with all the lame Boyd jokes. The ones that were funny have already been done, now it just makes the person saying them look stupid because they're trying so hard to be funny and it just doesn't work. It got old a long time ago guys.
What makes you think they are jokes?

It’s still funny to me. The guy is a squid.

What makes you think they are jokes?
If Maranta ever being better than Boyd isn't a joke then I don't know what to say to you guys. Says a lot about how seriously certain peoples opinions should be taken on here.

Last edited:
If Maranta ever being better than Boyd isn't a joke then I don't know what to say to you guys. Says a lot about how seriously opinions should be taken on here.
Fair enough. Can I ask what the jokes you found funny the first time around are?

Fair enough. Can I ask what the jokes you found funny the first time around are?
There were a few. I can't remember them off the top of my head though. They were all done over a year ago

There were a few. I can't remember them off the top of my head though. They were all done over a year ago
Ok, but I don't think many of his criticisers from 2019 were joking.

Ok, but I don't think many of his criticisers from 2019 were joking.
Was @theshed just criticizing him or attempting a joke? Because I can usually tell between the two. But it gets harder when they're not funny

Was @theshed just criticizing him or attempting a joke? Because I can usually tell between the two. But it gets harder when they're not funny
Well humour is subjective, so I'm not surprised not everyone finds it funny. Plus there's usually an element of truth to it too.

Come to think of it 2019 Boyd was worse than any Maranta year. At least his damage was limited playing on the wing. For '19 we would have been better off with ol' Lachlan.

my point was that it’s troubling that Boyd is our best fullback of the decade. As it is also troubling that Folau and Yow Yeh are also very reasonable picks, as they barely played this decade. It’s also troubling that Macca is the only option for hooker.

al though I said it in a somewhat humerus way, that is a lot of positions that have been pretty average for almost 10 years.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.