OPINION so few Queenslanders

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
So now with TPJ, Staggs, Hass,Roberts and Fafita, I cant remember a time when we had so many NSWelshmen in a broncos side. what will it mean going into the future. Can we no longer depend on the fortress QLD mentality that we have in the past?

Fifita was born in Brisbane, spent his whole life living in Ipswich and Souths junior as well as CC, MM and ISC.

Queensland U16- co-captain
Queensland U18- captain.

He's as Queensland as Arthur and Wally having a baby together.
I gladly stand corrected

We may be a club that resides in QLD, and I'm very confident the majority of Broncos supporters are also QLD supporters. However, that doesn't mean that we need to be blind to quality NSW players. The QLD team is there for us to patriotically support, but the Broncos have one job and that is to win the premiership. If it means that more than half of our squad are from NSW I have no problem with it. Just as Broncos supporters we need to get over the 'myth' all QLDers will support a QLD based team over a NSW team. Ask any Cowboys supporter whether they'd rather the Broncos beat Manly and I'm also confident the majority of them would choose Manly.

I forgot Lodge. Any others?

Bird, Dargan

Probably why we get a lot of Kiwi's too, hopefully they still play great but don't get picked for Origin. If we had a gun all QLD team come Origin time every year we'd get boned, as has happened in the past.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other. As long as they're mostly our own juniors I'm pretty happy.

Bird, Dargan

Probably why we get a lot of Kiwi's too, hopefully they still play great but don't get picked for Origin. If we had a gun all QLD team come Origin time every year we'd get boned, as has happened in the past.
We always lose out to QLD at origin, But i can see us losing 4 to NSW in the near future.

Fifita was born in Brisbane, spent his whole life living in Ipswich and Souths junior as well as CC, MM and ISC.

Queensland U16- co-captain
Queensland U18- captain.

He's as Queensland as Arthur and Wally having a baby together.
I'm both gladdened and slightly horrified by that thought .
He'd make a hell of a footballer with those genes though.

Ok so now we're at TPJ, Staggs, Hass,Roberts, Lodge ,Bird ,Dargan.
NZanders Glenn,Kahu,KNik, Isaako?
I mean like it or not, this is a new state of affairs.

Last edited:
Fifita, Carrigan and Shibasaki are the next in line guys from the club who played for Qld in the under 20's.

Does anybody actually care? Especially when most of them debuted for the club?

1. Isaako (NZ)
2. Oates (Qld)
3. Roberts (NSW)
4. Bird (NSW)
5. Kahu (NZ)
6. Milford (Qld)
7. KNik (NZ)
8. Lodge (NSW)
9. Macca (Qld)
10. TPJ (NSW / Tonga)
11. Su'A (Qld)
12. Gillett (Qld)
13. McGuire (Qld)

14. Staggs (NSW)
15. Joffa (Qld)
16. Haas (NSW)
17. Fifita (Qld)

18. Glenn (NZ)
19. Dargan (NSW)
20. Carrigan (Qld)
21. Opacic (Qld)
22. Shibasaki (Qld)
23. Flegler (Qld)
24. Mago (Qld?? / NZ??)
25. Turpin (Qld??)

There are still a lot of Qlders there, just may not be the 'as-hyped' ones. I didn't include Thaiday, Boyd or Sims for obvious reasons.

Mago played Queensland 20's in 2014. Logan junior.
Turpin Queensland Under 18's 2014 and Queensland 20's 2016 Ipswich Brothers.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.