OPINION so few Queenslanders

Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other. As long as they're mostly our own juniors I'm pretty happy.
Agree. In the end the only thing that really matters is winning. If it means we have a greater squad of nsw players that's totally fine with me - if anything it'd be kinda cool to see both origin squads dominated by broncos players. It helps with negotiations when trying to sign future players.

Btw I'm at splendour this weekend so ill get back to you on Monday about the world politics. Good response tho.

Last edited:
I'll take a squad of 30 New South Welshman if it means a premiership or two. Where they are from is the last thing on my mind. This Qld/NSW thing is so 1983 and incredibly lame. Just as long as they are earthlings then nothing else should matter.

I'll take a squad of 30 New South Welshman if it means a premiership or two. Where they are from is the last thing on my mind. This Qld/NSW thing is so 1983 and incredibly lame. Just as long as they are earthlings then nothing else should matter.

You wouldn’t take a gun intergalactic halfback?

Maybe if he was from Jupiter as I hear that planet is a hotbed as far as a RL nursery goes. I wouldn't want anyone from Uranus for the obvious reasons.
I heard they really talk shit those uranus players, truly full of crap they are...

I’ll show myself out...

I heard they really talk shit those uranus players, truly full of crap they are...

I’ll show myself out...

anigif_enhanced-23026-1401186254-6.gif

So proud by the way........

Last edited:
Good. We are Brisbane, not Queensland. We need to distance ourselves from that stuff and be our own club for once.

Does anybody actually care? Especially when most of them debuted for the club?

Not me. I also think we should not be too quick to forget there are a fair few Pacific Islands / NZ players in our club that have ‘dual’ eligibility and have developed as Broncos juniors / signed with us at a young age, yet have next to no chance of ever playing for Queensland and so ‘choose’ to represent other nations...

Last edited:
Bird, Dargan

Probably why we get a lot of Kiwi's too, hopefully they still play great but don't get picked for Origin. If we had a gun all QLD team come Origin time every year we'd get boned, as has happened in the past.

And yet we still had McGuire, McCullough, Milford and Oates play Origin for Qld this year, Boyd declined to play Origin (Game 3) and Gillett was un-available...

With more NSW available talent I would see us probably contributing more in future, than just Roberts and potentially, Bird, Lodge and TPJ...

But one thing I’ve always found hard to swallow was, how much whinging goes on about how ‘hard’ it is to lose those players as a club for 6-9 weeks, yet the silence is near deafening on what an advantage it is, to have those players for the other 15-19 rounds of the NRL season, plus the finals et al and to impart their wisdom and experience during the pre-season...

As far as I am concerned, the more Origin players we have in our club, the better. I don’t give a f*ck which side they play for, so long as they dominate for the Broncs.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.