Someone Teach the Broncos Dummy half running!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Just to start another fiery argument.
As I was watching the game last night one of my mates commented:

"You know what? I've been noticing for years but havent mentioned it... someone needs to teach our team how to run out of dummy half!!!"

I have to admit, its never been our strength, we are so crap when we are coming out of our 20 sometimes. Thoughts?

lyn said:
Hodges is great at it.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!! He's woeful!

The only one who seems to have any idea is McCullough. Three or four times last night he darted from dummyhalf and almost got through.

Ennis was excellent at it...

Hodges is the horrible. He pulls off a line break from dummy half 1/10 times, because everytime he thinks he can stand them over and go through - no good.
We need some proper dummy half running more than ever now. (Without Civo!)

Coxy said:
lyn said:
Hodges is great at it.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!! He's woeful!

The only one who seems to have any idea is McCullough. Three or four times last night he darted from dummyhalf and almost got through.
Yea McCullough was going great untill the dragons cought onto it and they got him every time he tried it after then.

You mean like any dummy half runner in a team?

Or any opposition team who learns the other teams plan...?

Nashy said:
You mean like any dummy half runner in a team?

Or any opposition team who learns the other teams plan...?

Dummy half running in general - Obviosuly teams like Souths, Cowboys and Tigers use it more than others, but generally speaking I think we are crappy at them. We don't steal 8-10 metres like other teams do. We run into markers or don't exploit when the markers are lazy etc etc. There are metres to be stolen coming out from your 20.

Yow Yeh is a natural in that department. That'd be why Henjak let him play for Norths.....

Coxy said:
Yow Yeh is a natural in that department. That'd be why Henjak let him play for Norths.....

Devere was definetly the better option... I agree about Yow Yeh great dummy half runner it is only a matter of time before he is on the wing again.

I'd have him ahead of Winterstein everyday of the week. I don't care if he prefers right side, he's a winger, he can play either side.

Coxy said:
I'd have him ahead of Winterstein everyday of the week. I don't care if he prefers right side, he's a winger, he can play either side.

I can see that happening in the next few weeks hopefully. I think it would give us more options on that side of the field also because Yow Yeh can take the cross field kick really well.

Yep. Don't get me wrong, other than last night, Summerpot has been really good, but Yow Yeh is a superstar waiting to happen. You pick him, end of story.

Coxy said:
Yep. Don't get me wrong, other than last night, Summerpot has been really good, but Yow Yeh is a superstar waiting to happen. You pick him, end of story.

you pick them both! Folau in the centres icon_thumbs_u

ronnyd said:
Coxy said:

you pick them both! Folau in the centres icon_thumbs_u

I am starting to think that this needs to happen because Folau doesn't get enough ball even when we are winning. He is to good to be on the wing he really needs to learn to play left centre.

Yep, if he does that then switch to wing in attack late in the count so he can take the bombs rather than Summerpot.

Play Yow Yeh on the right wing.

I like that idea, but I can't see Folau shifting to left side.

Coxy said:
Yep, if he does that then switch to wing in attack late in the count so he can take the bombs rather than Summerpot.

Play Yow Yeh on the right wing.

I like that idea, but I can't see Folau shifting to left side.

Why not??

He doesn't seem to rely on a step that much and I am sure he can pass both ways. Its inevitable that one of them is going to have to move and I think Hodges relies on being the right side much more than Folau does.

He'll argue that he played left wing in Origin 1 last year and was poor.

I still don't think he's a centre though. If Michaels improves, Folau right wing, Yow Yeh left wing.
If Michaels continues to be cod ordinary, Folau and Winterstein on the left, rotating between wing and centre, and Hodges and Yow Yeh on the right.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.