SOO Teams 2010

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Career best form? Big call. 2004 he had a blinder, week in and week out. Give it another 5-6 weeks until you can make that call IMO. I remember in 2004 he was beating everyone and everything, he was the most feared centre in the game. He's not far off his form in 2004. Either way, he's on fire.

As for NSW - IMO, our backline could be hot or it could be cold. Hayne, Morris brothers, Jennings, Tahu...A few have their defensive weaknesses, Hayne and Jennings have a too many handling errors in them at the moment and there isn't a great deal of origin experience in there. On the other hand, if these 5 players can fire then they could tear QLD apart if QLD aren't careful.

I dont think tahu will be considered. He is in pretty shocking form from what ive watched, which is every eels game so far this year. He is dropping a lot of ball, but more importantly, his defensive positioning has been horrible. I would be very very happy to see him pull on the sky blue.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Who do you want in the halves Rocky?

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hasn't ryles only played 2 full games. Back injury has slowed him down. Don't cross him off yet

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Wow - Soward - big call, but selection on form is what NSW selectors need to do

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I still reckon Soward would get dominated in Origin.

I bet they pick Mortimer.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd love to see Soward playing for the Blues that would be classic NO NO. He would be a bigger speed bump than Steve Turner.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Mister Wright":cyzuwysy]
Scotty said:
Our backline is going to be a bit of a pain to choose this year.
Slater, Tate, Inglis, Folau, Boyd, Tuqiri, Tonga

It's gonna be interesting to see who the selectors go with.

Watching Boyd on Friday night, I think he could take Hunt's spot as the utility on the bench, has the ability to fill 1-5, and that would allow us to fit, Slater, Tuqiri/Tate, Tonga, Inglis & Falou into the backline.

Definitely a good position to be in...:)

you could be onto something there. Boyd is pretty good defensively I could see him roaming around the park as a second rower too.[/quote:cyzuwysy]

Wish I thought of that [icon_razz1

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Tonga is in career best form IMO, and imagine him in a better side.

On the other side of the coin tho, nsw has just as good a backline, but with the morris boys there are a few handling and defensive problems, which the likes of tonga and inglis will find out very quickly. Add to that haynes ordinary form and the question mark over jennings fitness (altho he killed it today) and i think QLD deserve the edge in the backs

Tonga is in great form, not sure if it's career best - yet. I remember 2004(?) when he carved shit up week in week out.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I'll tell you what though Rock - if these young NSW halves continue on with their game in RL --> QLD could be in big trouble when Pearce, Mortimer, Mullen develop into super stars (if) when they reach peak age...food for thought anyway. In saying that maybe that is a poor reflection of the depth of the NRL at the moment --> the fact that these kids are in such crucial positions...

I must admit --> its tough pickings at the moment but I would NOT worry about the young ones... they WILL get their time as I just mentioned... If I was NSW I would only care about this series ... I would have to go Kimmorley/Barrett or Barrett/Anasta or Kimmorley/Anasta.
Personally - I think NSW have to bide their time.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Je$ter said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Tonga is in career best form IMO, and imagine him in a better side.

On the other side of the coin tho, nsw has just as good a backline, but with the morris boys there are a few handling and defensive problems, which the likes of tonga and inglis will find out very quickly. Add to that haynes ordinary form and the question mark over jennings fitness (altho he killed it today) and i think QLD deserve the edge in the backs

Tonga is in great form, not sure if it's career best - yet. I remember 2004(?) when he carved shit up week in week out.

I do remember, but i also remember he was a much younger, and totally different player. Back then he was more like steve renouf, relied on the fend and step and then the speed to get him through, and his defence was nowhere near as solid as it is now. Now he is probably the best defensive centre in the game alongside cooper, and he has more in his arsenal now he has lost a bit of his speed. He has put on a lot of size, and scores a lot of his tries through strength alone. His best form is arguable, but i think with the kind of player he is nowadays, he couldnt be playing much better

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
for NSW, i would seriously be considering Brett Finch. Since he has gone to Melbourne hes started to become the player that he was made out to be when he first came on the scene.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
for NSW, i would seriously be considering Brett Finch. Since he has gone to Melbourne hes started to become the player that he was made out to be when he first came on the scene.

He'd need Bellamy to use a similar game plan to the Storm though, and given there's really only Anthony Quinn and Brett White who are likely to feature for the Blues from the Storm I think he might struggle. Particularly as whatever half/hooker they choose is going to be crucial.

Finch is best when he's not having to be a playmaker, but rather do a job and chime in to the backline as required.

The only halfback NSW have that's capable of doing the organising and playmaking to allow that is Brett Kimmorley.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
good one fox sports lol.

praise Thurston! we're firmly back into Origin winning ground now.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The Boss
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KnToad
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.