SPOILERS!! Broncos VS Parra

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
But they had been training together since December/January. Surely you'd know the patterns, the moves, the tactics. It's been a Broncos trait for too long now that if it's all too hard just go back to one out rubbish. Then, if we get into the attacking half, try the 2nd man play.

The 2nd man play still works too. Scored from it again yesterday. BUT, the Broncos don't do nearly enough to get into an attacking position. They rely too much on penalties or opposition mistakes.

Lack of support for guys like Thaiday worries me too. There was an occasion early in the second half I think it was that Lockyer hit Thaiday on the fringe and as he was initially hit he had his arms free and there was a yawning gap. All he needed was Glenn or Copley or Hunt cutting back in through that gap, pop a pass and it was a try under the posts.

Our players just have an inability to read the play. It's really a worry.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That decision where Hayne knocked the ball out of Locky's hands from a CLEARLY offside position (wasn't square at marker AND went early) was a real momentum killer for us. A vital call. Lockyer blew up about it and imo he doesn't front the ref unless he is sure he's got a case.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely gUt. But it seems the only time they penalise being "not square" at marker is when your opponent is working it off their own line.

Hardly ever gets penalised when the team in possession is on the attack.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
How bloody awesome is our man Darren Lockyer. To see him own Jarryd Hayne made my day. Would have liked everyone else to be playing too.

Lockyer, Thaiday, Clinton and McCulloug were my stand outs. Karmichael did well too injured.

I am hoping that is our watershed game, like in 2006 when we played the Storm and lost, but then went on to start winning again.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Steve Michaels. Even though he scored 2 tries. Gee he is useless. I really think he needs to be on the wing or not at all.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Steve Michaels. Even though he scored 2 tries. Gee he is useless. I really think he needs to be on the wing or not at all.

I agree, i think Michaels is actually a good finisher but is no good a setting up his winger, so IMO, he needs to be on the wing or in the QCUP

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Opposition backs seem to prefer running at him than Lockyer.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Course Michaels is a great finisher - he's never passed a ball in his life...

Mind you I shouldn't bag him, there were plenty worse than him yesterday.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.