NEWS Staggs Declares Loyalty: “I’m Going Nowhere”

Been watching him for years now and i just dont see it. I dont see any attributes in his game to make me think he will be a good 5/8. Munster at ISC level always had the elusive footwork and ball skills so you could see with a bit of development he could play 5/8. Kotoni's game is all about pace and power. I personally dont believe we would see him in the same type of space to do what he does best. I dont see any real similarities between him and Munster tbh. I could probably see him doing a similar job to Wighton possibly, but i still doubt it. I still dont think he has the game for it but it would be interesting to see if he can develop there, but not for the big money he wants.

The big thing is though is his next contract for me. If he plays 6, he isnt worth elite money as he has done nothing as a six to warrant it. He has to prove himself over a couple of years imo. If he plays center, he isnt really worth this rumoured $800k a year either. The big thing he has going for him really is the lack of decent centers on the market.
Agreed money wise he shouldn't get 5/8 money, I'd be happy with $500k for 2 years with a third mutual so they could renegotiate if needed.
I'm definitely not saying he will be a Munster clone , but his ability to break tackles and drag defenses in isnt to different. Im more than happy to give him a fair crack at it , and trust kevies instincts on this one.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.