Staggs Walters Riki

Riki seems to like to niggle Kiwis too .
He`s tough and mean at the best of times , but took it up a notch against Fisher Harris and then some of the Warriors boys .

Hooker power rankings right now:

1. Grant
2. Cook
3. Koraisau
4. Walters

I just don't think there is anyone else, right now, who is going better at 9 than Walters. Maybe Mahoney but that's it.
Hunt, Robson, Marshall King, Cheese, Mahoney, Soni Luke, etc.

Mitch Kenny doesn't get a lot of love, but he played 80 minutes in Penriths' weekend win, and allowed them to bring a replacement half off the bench.

Hunt, Robson, Marshall King, Cheese, Mahoney, etc
Certainly would rate JMK higher.... than BW (though his injuries haven't helped?)

Hunt.....a victim of being at the merge(?).....plus can be hot and cold.

Cheese......? I thought he was replaced by Turpin
Giggle Smile GIF

Cheese?

Do you just look at a list of players and pick without actually seeing how they have played?
Played 12 tests, won a Dally M, Preston Cambell Medal and best forward at the Storm 2 years running. Fair to say he's an "elite" hooker. I'm not talking about the last week.

Grant had a couple of good games to start the season but has been real average of late. No where near that match-winner form he had last year. JMK & Robson have trounced him.

If there were ever a year to win the comp with an 'average' hooker - this is it.

He was Jr Kiwi captain in 2019 v Walsh, and Piakura for Australia.

Led the haka like a tongue out crazy man.
That would explain the niggle with his cousy bros.....

Despite him being a kiwi,
I like him

Would Brad Thorn be too far a description for his future.......How old is he, 23?
Really starting to come on.

Grant had a couple of good games to start the season but has been real average of late. No where near that match-winner form he had last year. JMK & Robson have trounced him.

If there were ever a year to win the comp with an 'average' hooker - this is it.
He's average unless he plays the Broncos, then he grows an extra leg

Played 12 tests, won a Dally M, Preston Cambell Medal and best forward at the Storm 2 years running. Fair to say he's an "elite" hooker. I'm not talking about the last week.
The cheese has been crap all year at hooker with the Roosters.

Just admit Walters is a gun 9 and lets move on ;)

The Staggs criticism was unfair from day one. I get it, he signed a lucrative deal and we as fans of the club wanted him to deliver on that deal, injuries exist though.

He had just come back from a significant season ending injury, physically he was obviously good to go but it takes some time to get confident again. I swear some people just think these players are robots and their brain doesn't function the same way as your every day human.

I have defended him, he wasn't going all Darius Boyd, you could see he was trying. It takes time though.

That would explain the niggle with his cousy bros.....

Despite him being a kiwi,
I like him

Would Brad Thorn be too far a description for his future.......How old is he, 23?
Really starting to come on.
I actually think he is playing a lot like Gillett.

He doesnt have the ball skills of gillett but has a strong focus on his defence, effort areas and starting to become more aggressive. He also pushes through the line to pick up a try or two from grubbers Like gillett did.

If he can start hitting holes like gillett did early in his career, he could be a real challenge for the defence with his size and speed.

The cheese has been crap all year at hooker with the Roosters.

Just admit Walters is a gun 9 and lets move on ;)
That's an interesting comment. Seems to be received wisdom that Cheese has had a shit season. I won't argue against it. For one thing, he's out injured right now.

But he's still churning out bigger numbers than Billy.

Cheese: normally plays 60+ minutes
11 games, 2 tries, 2 try assists, 28 avg tackles, 51 avg run metres, 45.2 avg kicking metres, 1 forced dropout

Walters: normally plays 50+ minutes
14 games, 1 try, 1 try assist, 26 avg tackles, 42 avg run metres, 19.6 avg kicking metres, 0 forced dropouts

Never mind what the numbers say, I find the bloke more threatening with ball in hand and a general nuisance. But that's entirely subjective. Billy's team is ahead. That's the bottom line.

That's an interesting comment. Seems to be received wisdom that Cheese has had a shit season. I won't argue against it. For one thing, he's out injured right now.

11 games, 2 tries, 2 try assists, 28 avg tackles, 51 avg run metres, 45.2 avg kicking metres, 1 forced dropout

14 games, 1 try, 1 try assist, 26 avg tackles, 42 avg run metres, 19.6 avg kicking metres, 0 forced dropouts

Never mind what the numbers say, I find the bloke more threatening with ball in hand and a general nuisance. But that's entirely subjective. Billy's team is ahead. That's the bottom line.
Meh, $800k and he can't pass or tackle properly. Just by watching them play you can tell Walters is having a more positive impact then Smith (especially on how the team gets around the park).

Smith started off ok, but really dropped off from around round 6 (e.g. average 3.8 missed tackles per game from rounds 6-12 compared to Billie's 1.6 during the same period; or Billy's 1 error compared to Smiths 5 during that period too).

But yea even without the stats (which never tell the whole picture), Billy and his team is out ahead 😀

Basically all of Cheese stats have came at the expense of the teams attack, which Roosters have the worst in the comp.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.