12 Jai Arrow
13 Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

Bench

14 Ben Hunt
15 David Fifita
16 Moeaki Fotuaika
17 Francis Molo

R.I.P. Queensland

Walsh at 1 is fucking madness. He's way too young to be thrown into the fire straight at starting fullback. Surely you blood him from the bench with a view to next year if his form is up to it.

Green is a shit coach.

Walsh at 1 is fucking madness. He's way too young to be thrown into the fire straight at starting fullback. Surely you blood him from the bench with a view to next year if his form is up to it.

Green is a shit coach.

Dunno......we threw a scrawny little blonde headed 18yro into halfback once.....he did alright for himself and his state.

Not arguing against your view on Green...I think he's a spud as well.

McCullough?

Honestly, this is what killed his career at the Cowboys. Someone needs to grab Paul Green and shake him to remind him it's not actually 2015 anymore!

1 Reece Walsh
2 Valentine Holmes
3 Kurt Capewell
4 Dane Gagai
5 Kyle Feldt
6 Cameron Munster
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Christian Welch
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh Papalii
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Jai Arrow
13 Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

Bench

14 Ben Hunt
15 David Fifita
16 Moeaki Fotuaika
17 Francis Molo

R.I.P. Queensland
RIP QLD
RIP Origin
RIP NRL

The lack of incentives to develop talent looks to have come to a head... Qld cop a few injuries and they're suddenly chucking out a team that wouldnt beat any of the top 6 NRL sides.

I have a theory that poaching QLD talent by the Sydney clubs may have been a contributing factor.

@Big Pete would be the man to confirm or deny, but I feel there would be less affiliation between a poached QLD player and a Sydney club compared to their own juniors. I'd take Melbourne out of the conversation because they have no local juniors and are completely reliant on QLD, although they're not solely reliant on QLD.

A guy like Jayden Nikorima heads to Sydney, doesnt make it and is thrown on the scrap heap. I believe Frei was tipped to be the next Parker (goal kicking lock forward) and ended up following Wayne down to Newcastle before fading off to obscurity.

Does the same happen if they stayed in qld??

It could be said that they just weren't talented enough to begin with, but if you're picking up a player when they're 17/18 in the hope they become a superstar, but then dont bother investing any further money into their development, then the coach, club, etc. may preference the junior they've had since he was 13 over the blow in from QLD.

Anyway the current state of the QLD playing pool is dire and if origin dies the NRL will too

McCullough?

Honestly, this is what killed his career at the Cowboys. Someone needs to grab Paul Green and shake him to remind him it's not actually 2015 anymore!

He doesn’t really have any other option.

Mahoney and Grant have been ruled out. We could put Hunt there but then we won’t have a utility option on the bench.

McCullough?

Who would you select?

Who cares about origin, does this mean we can now drops Coates from the Broncs?

Has that been confirmed? I haven't seen anything to confirm Coates won't be selected for Origin.

Unread

Active Now

• Spike
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.