Je$ter said:
8. Matthew Scott Prop 1 15 (155m)
10. Petero Civoniceva Prop 2 15 (146m)

8. Jason King Prop 1 4 (25m)
10. Kade Snowden Prop 2 6 (56m)

pwn.jpg

[icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi icon_thumbs_u

Best Origin game in some time.

Blues have nothing to be upset about, they hung in deep despite a glutton of defence and nearly took it away but just the class and confidence of the Maroons.

Mat Scott is a player who doesn't get enough wraps. Dead set he's gone from a good club player to the best prop forward in the game. He was awesome tonight, it was his performance that won us the game.

Locky, Smith, Slater and JT - just too confident just too settled just too classy.

Bring on Game 2!

Agree with all the love for Matt Scott. Also like to give credit to the effort of Hannant, he did all of the not-so-glamorous work at the end of the first half and start of the second.

Plus, Boyd's defence on Gasnier was immense.

One unforced change for Sydney though IMO, we'll need a tackling machine - Johnson in for Lillyman.

Scotty said:
Je$ter said:
Ash Harrison will get 0 wraps but he had a great game was our 2nd best forward behind Scott.
Likewise with Lillyman, I thought he was pretty ordinary tonight. I didn't like how JT seemed to have a go at him after his forward pass **** up when he first came on. I know we were under pressure, but you should always back your team mates.

What do you mean? Did Jacob throw a forward pass tonight?

Parker is a good player but I don't see the value of him taking a bench spot in Origin... it doesn't make sense. We got away with it tonight but this spot should be saved for a X-factor. DT - f*ck form, laziness whatever, once you put on the Maroon jersey it's game on anyway. Get him in there. IMO Johnson for Jacob as well.

Parker coming on after 60 minutes really doesn't make sense. That said, after a few minutes he was pretty good. Good tackle breaks and offloads.

dukey said:
I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game. But I have it recorded and am watching it in the morning.
Obviously I can't make a judgement on the performance of the Blues, but after Gasnier's fumble I was impressed to see them running in to pack the scrum with 40 seconds left on the clock. The Blues of the last five years would've fallen to the ground in a crying heap at that point, but this squad looks to have a lot of heart. I'm optimistic.

Wait till you see Boyd own Gasnier twice with massive hits.

I really thought with Parker on the bench he'd be the first forward replaced, because of his durability. I didn't think it would take 80 minutes for him to come on, but when he did, his offloading abilty came into affect. Lillyman dropped far too much ball to justify his spot for game 2.

Tonga really showed his Origin spirit. He was on one arm for most of the game. QUEENSLANDER!

Obviously this will change based on a second viewing but tentative player ratings.

Qld
Slater - 6 - Threatened all night before taking the match winner. Did come up with that mistake late but I thought it was more on Civo if anything.

Boyd - 6 - He didn't threaten a lot in attack but his defence can't be denied. Dead set saved two tries with tackles on Gasnier (first half) and Uate (late second half...saved us the game IMO). So much for Darius being nothing without GI right?

Tonga - 5 - Played with a busted shoulder but still played on and put in a very solid performance. Kept the best centre in the game (lol) quiet.

Nielsen - 4 - Looked a little out of his depth but still did a couple of good things for the Maroons. Still, made Jennings look like a million bucks which isn't a good thing in my books.

Yow Yeh - 5 - Solid debut, scored a typical Yow Yeh try by just putting himself in the right place at the right time. A couple of good runs here and there too.

Lockyer - 7 - All the best players started playing their best Origin games towards the back end of their career. Lockyer is no exception. Classy performance from one of the best of all time.

Thurston - 4 - Probably his worst Origin performance ever. Just seemed off all night. With that said, still good enough to put the blow torch on the Blues all night.

Scott - 9 - One of the best front row performances from an Origin player ever. Career defining.

Smith - 8 - Just kept the Maroons rolling, set up a try and was a constant threat through the middle. Good stuff.

Civoniceiva - 7 - Would be an 8 but that pass brought him back down. What can you say? Civo for mine is probably the best Origin forward in history.

Myles - 5 - Solid as always, stepped up in the second half.

Thaiday - 7 - Just kept running with purpose all night, threw some great passes and more importantly, no brain dead mistakes! Seriously, I was waiting for it but not even one for Sammy! Good game.

Harrison - 7 - Easily the most underated player on the field. Ran well, was good as another playmaker and good in defence. Harrison just seems to be an Origin player doesn't he?

Cronk - 6 - Came on and did exactly what the Maroons needed somebody to do. Play direct. Set up a try and made a couple of good runs.

Parker - 5 - Thought he would be a dud selection, but he got better as the game wore on, breaking tackles and giving the Blues plenty to think about.

Lillyman - 4 - Mixed, those two mistakes hurt otherwise a decent return where I thought he was good in defence and made a couple of good charges.

Hannant - 5 - Very solid from the polar bear.

NSW
Dugan - 5 - A couple of silly mistakes, showed his inexperience too but still proved why he's such a threat when he set up what could have been the match winner.

Morris - 3 - Nothing game again. I don't get the hype.

Gasnier - 4 - A couple of defensive reads but added next to nothing in attack.

Jennings - 6 - Best game Jennings played in the Blue. Made a couple of errors which prevents me from giving him a 7 but certainly the most lethal he's played.

Uate - 7 - A constant threat for the Maroons. Good debut and he looks to be a mainstay. The Blues broke the rules bringing him in, but I'm fine with it if it helps gives us games such as tonight.

Soward - 3 - Quiet. Couldn't believe he didn't try anything in those final few minutes.

Pearce - 4 - A couple of good long kicks, good defence, otherwise his general play was fairly uninspired.

King - 2 - Did little for the Blues.

Young - 3 - Quiet

Snowden - 5 - Solid, a couple of decent runs. Just not enough.

Scott - 7 - F**k I hated him - so he definitely did a good job.

Bird - 7 - Can't believe people thought he was quiet before that break, he was coming up with plenty of good runs from absolutely nothing.

Gallen - 5 - Made a couple of good plays but in the scheme of things didn't think he stood up enough as captain.

Ennis - 5 - Made a terrible mistake to begin with but he finally started giving the Maroon playmakers some pepper. Also gave crisper service. I thought the decision to play him off the bench was smart by Stuart, nearly paid off for him.

Creagh - 3 - Didn't notice him.

Merrin - 3 - Quiet

Mannah - 5 - See Snowden.

Poor rating of the Qld Players.

Slater deserves more than 6 you've given him. He hit up hard and was there for the match winner!

Surely Yow Yeh did more than 5.

Boyd was also better than 6. I'd give him an 8 for his performance.

My ratings go by a different scale.

Where as most would consider 7 a solid score - I consider it a good score.

People seem to believe that every player should start with 5, really they start with 0 on my book, 3 if they go onto the field.

I thought Boyd was by far our best outside back. Immense in defence and made some good runs.

Given the amount of possession and opportunities in attack, the score was really meager for Qld... full credit for the way the FC* hung in there.
Having said that, I believe that with Inglis and Hodges alongside a "normal" Thurston, this game would have been another drubbing and squashing of the FC*.

The FC* scored both tries after Qld decided to kick a penalty on the back of 4 or 5 repeat sets, which is something I cannot understand, especially because the FC* were on the brink of exhaustion physically and morally. To top it off, we missed the kick, boosted the FC*'s morale and deflated Qld's mood, which ended in those soft tries conceded.

Otherwise, Qld destroyed the FC* in pretty much every stat imaginable, and while it's true that stats don't always tell the story, the difference is too significant to ignore.

The dominance of Smith steering a vastly superior forward pack always kept us on the front foot, allowing our halves to kick when and where they wanted, keeping the FC* where they belong. We only lacked the finishing touch, and I doubt Thurston will ever be as "bad" as he was this game. Add the 2 best centres in the game, who will hopefully be back for at least game 3, and the rout should be complete.

I hope they will have disinfected Suncorp of the all the FC*'s squashed goo in time for the Broncos game Friday night!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!

* Filthy Cockroaches

Courier Mail gave Thurston an 8 and they just edited to a 7.5.

Lockyer got an 8.5(how awesome is the guy, still as good as ever) and Matt Scott rightly got the highest with a 9, man he's a machine, would love him to sign on for us.

I think QLD played to their strengths tonight. without GI, hodges and folau we were always going to be lacking in the attacking department out wide, so instead of just trying the same tactics with nielsen and yow yeh, we adjusted and played a very forward oriented game, and bloody hell, didnt we do it well!! Scott and civo were making 15m each hitup and myles, thaiday and harrison were eating up the metres a bit wider. NSW had no answers for our forwards. If we can get hodges or GI back for game 2, its going to be a bloodbath for NSW.

broncospwn said:
http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=617555&vId=2433832&cId=Sport&play=true

Check out the cheap shot from Ennis about 50 seconds in, scum bag, hope he gets suspended for that shit.

LOL.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.