State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

Been a while since NSW won an origin game let them have a moment to celebrate before the reality of beating us at Suncorp in a few weeks time sinks in... NO CHANCE.

NSW too good.

Refs were shit. They reffed a fast ruck for 2 sets of six then reverted to the ol' "**** it we'll just play prison rules" shat that has been plaguing origin for years.

Gallen MOTM IMO.

ALSO, gonna make a huge call with serious backlash awaiting...

Civoniceva dropped for game 3.

Aw well, twice as many errors from the Maroons and we just came up with too many uninspired plays. With Hodges hopefully back we'll be an entirely different prospect.

Blues played very well and their fanbase deserves to lap it up.

Has been a good series so far, the best I've seen in years.

How epic was Gallen?

28 runs for 234 metres and 32 tackles, 80 minutes as a prop. What a player.

We will game 3.

Je$ter said:

Only if Shillington is fit and firing oh and you know it won't happen.

broncospwn said:
How epic was Gallen?

28 runs for 234 metres and 32 tackles, 80 minutes as a prop. What a player.

We will game 3.

Outstanding effort from Gallen, infact their forwards were the difference and well done to them, tbh I'm just glad we got a game of that quality, its been a while.

If we learned anything from NSW's idiocy, it's that we shouldn't drop any players after a loss. Hopefully this will give them more motivation though.

We need Hodges there our attack on the right side is weak.

Je$ter said:
NSW too good.

Refs were shit. They reffed a fast ruck for 2 sets of six then reverted to the ol' "**** it we'll just play prison rules" shat that has been plaguing origin for years.

This. Refs were awful and inconsistent. Half the penalties didn't make sense and they missed several big ones.

But NSW were the better team and deserved to win. Fingers crossed they celebrate the shit out of this win and forget about the decider.

Well deserved win by NSW. QLD beaten by a better team on the night.

Dave Neilsen has to go... Useless.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Je$ter":3mwlo866].

Only if Shillington is fit and firing oh and you know it won't happen.[/quote:3mwlo866]

Not a chance it will happen. But he got caught out often. Pet will turn in a good one next time but he will be disappointed with his performance.

homer.jpg

Ok, here's the cuts -

Nielsen CUT, Hodges in.
Harrison CUT, Parker lock, Shillo/Costigan bench.

Big Pete said:
Aw well, twice as many errors from the Maroons and we just came up with too many uninspired plays. With Hodges hopefully back we'll be an entirely different prospect.

Blues played very well and their fanbase deserves to lap it up.

Has been a good series so far, the best I've seen in years.

That says it all. If Qld's attack was on song NSW would have lost - easily.

What was the go with QLD? Where was the attack? It's like QLD beleived all the hype and thought they could just roll it up the middle and would win. I found it quite a boring game, even know the score was close and the completion rates were good.

Not trying to take away from NSW though. They obviously had a game plan and played to it very well.

p.s - **** you Phil Gould. 'sif QLD won't improve. I acually think NSW played close to their best, but QLD nowhere near. Yesterday's expert fo sho!

Alec said:
Fatboy said:
Dave Neilsen has to go... Useless.

To be fair, so was most of the rest of the team.

Neilsen was shat, at least 4 times someone went across him and he didn't come under it's rice and beans football and he didn't do it. Hodges - Thaiday - Locky combo needed hard.

We were outplayed, well done NSW.

I would bring in Hodges and Shillington for Neilsen and Parker, even though Parker wasn't bad tonight. We were a little too gun shy in the first half when we had good field position with the intent to keep it tight in wet conditions a little bit more ball movement could really have been the difference between our 2 point halftime lead and something quite substantial. Those wanting Civo dropped, I am pretty sure he was pretty badly hurt early on and went off early and down the tunnel. He was magnificent in game 1 and to drop him would be incredibly harsh.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.