State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

Sunday Roast has just highlighted that Luke Lewis's try should've been disallowed because he was offside. He was in front of the man playing the ball on the previous tackle and under a rule bought in this year he cannot be put onside, even if he runs behind his whole team.

Good work video ref [icon_thumbs_do (in saying that, pretty shit rule)

Jeba said:
Sunday Roast has just highlighted that Luke Lewis's try should've been disallowed because he was offside. He was in front of the man playing the ball on the previous tackle and under a rule bought in this year he cannot be put onside, even if he runs behind his whole team.

Good work video ref [icon_thumbs_do (in saying that, pretty shit rule)
I saw that. I have seen it called up once so far this year. I thought the ruling was the player was counted as "out of bounds/dead" unless they got behind the line of the original play the ball or a tackle is made so there is a new play the ball, which they are behind.

If it is the first option listed, I thought Lewis was just able to get back onside. The footage the Roast used was hard to judge the angle of the play the ball and I only saw it very quick. However it looked like Ennis passes back about 5 metres to Pearce and Lewis gets behind Pearce as he crosses the position of the play the ball and then kicks about 5 metres from there and we know the rest.

If it is second option. It is a huge blunder by the refs for not calling him out of play and then video refs for seeing it.

However they will want to be careful with this ruling as I have seen plenty of forwards being offside this way, who get involved in the play from offloads and nothing has happened.

Bahahaha. THe first page of this thread is a mirror image to this years Game 2 thread.

Bahahaha. THe first page of this thread is a mirror image to this years Game 2 thread.
Wow, unreal... Down to the need for mongrel and everything! :haha:

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • leon.bott
  • MrMoore
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jazza
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.