State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

mrslong said:
By the way apparently Ben Creagh turned to the QLD supporters bay and called them all F*Wits. And Aku gave them the finger & a few other choice words. Real sportsmanlike, lads.

It's origin. Man up or don't play.

Nashy said:
mrslong said:
By the way apparently Ben Creagh turned to the QLD supporters bay and called them all F*Wits. And Aku gave them the finger & a few other choice words. Real sportsmanlike, lads.

It's origin. Man up or don't play.

This. Nobody much minded when Tallis told a bunch of Blue fuckheads to **** off and die.

Yes, but that was Gordie. and they called his mum a pig.

This is Origin, there are different rules for us and them.

There is an article on foxsports where Ricky Stuart said Gallen played 80 minutes and that has only been done by a prop once before by Lazurus. Didn't Steve Price do it in game 3 of 2007? Just curious.

The Blues dominated us, we struggled to make things happen. The refs weren't biased either way but there were a couple of things I would have liked them to pick up on. Thats footy though I suppose. Minichello was immense, best I've seen from him in a long long time. Gallen was unstoppable. I take back what I said about Hopoate at centre too, he was fantastic. The only thing I will fault them on is the whinging after every tackle and occasional grubbiness from Ennis (but that's the same from every game he's involved in though).

For Queensland, we just struggled to keep up with the pace. Neilsen needs to drop out, he is a passenger. I really hope Hodges is right for game 3.

The better team won, roll on game 3.

NSW's plan of having heaps of quick mobile backrowers clearly worked last night. So many times our forwards were only getting back to the 10m distance as the dummy half was picking up the ball! We just couldnt get any line speed to pressure them. also, their sideways ball movement and offloads really made inroads as our big tired forwards couldnt slide in defence quick enough.

Our attack was horrible, only inglis looked capable of breaking the line, and he did a few times. Its a shame we couldnt finish one of the multiple chances he created.

1 thing i couldnt stand.. why was taylor being used as a prop!!! We had inglis creating havoc against soward, they shouldnt sent taylor down his way as well!

I think the damp ground had an impact. Heavier bodies, heavier legs = more fatigue.

Coxy said:
I think the damp ground had an impact. Heavier bodies, heavier legs = more fatigue.

The weird thing is, it didnt look as wet or slippery as previous years, even tho its been raining for days down there (correct me if im wrong). Certainly adds to the old rumour that NSW used to hose the field when we had a great, fast backline to use

good to see BHQ jumping back on the hate bandwagon after a loss lol.

I honestly cannot believe that people are saying that Harrison should be dropped or that hes 'out of his depth'! he was easily one of our best last night. took the hard hitups when we needed him too, tackled himself to a standstill, and is always running lines off thurstons shoulder.

and as expected, the slater hate comes out again lol. ooh he dropped 1 bomb, lets drop him!! far out. for most of the game he was on every single kick on the full, reducing the NSW kicking game to an afterthought. he single handedly stopped watmough scoring next to the posts, along with a few other trysavers. he made a 50m+ individual linebreak and almost got us a try from it. but no, he dropped a single bomb so had the worst game ever :roll:

inglis and taylor were the guys who were going to win us that match, running out wide at jamie soward - everytime we went there we almost went through, or did go through. the problem was that neither of them seemed like they actually wanted to do any work. i swear i only saw DT do about 4 runs the entire game.

parker played well IMO, but again, i have to question why hes in the game if hes only getting <40 minutes. bringing cronk on when they did was a bad move IMO.

old butterfingers thaiday was back out there last night too. made about 4-5 stupid mistakes within a 10 minute period that just absolutely killed us. it seemed that every time we would just get into their half or have them trapped in theirs, he would screw up and give them the ball back.

also, the reffing was $hit. numerous late shoulder charges on the QLD kickers that were let go. i dont get it - if you shoulder charge the kicker even while hes kicking, its a penalty........so shouldnt shoulder charging them a second after theyve kicked it be an even more obvious penalty? apparently not if youre wearing a blue jersey.

our play the balls were just atrocious. even when NSW did get off us in less than 6 minutes per tackles, our guys just took their time standing up, made sure their socks were pulled up, adjusted their hair, then put the ball down and casually rolled it back with their foot. they were all taking an absolute eternity!

gotta give credit to NSW. i thought their pack was too light, but we may have just witnessed a masterstroke from Ricky Stuart that might change how State of Origin is played for a while. big forwards are great, but when youve got 5-6 guys almost the same size that can play 80 minutes and are faster, hit harder, and make offloads, running our big boppers ragged.......you see the problem there.

i gotta say, this is the first time in 6 years im not confident at all going into a match, especially at suncorp stadium.

I can't believe Gallen got off for his late and blatant head high on Inglis at the end. What a rort. Should be 2-3 weeks with his record.

I agree with everything AP said for the first time ever. Although I don't think anyone's calling for Slater to be dropped? I thought he had a below average game, but he still made a good bust. (how fast is Hayne for motoring him down, Mini had no hope of stopping Slater)

I thought Harrison was great in the first half, he really got outside the defender with the ball and looked sharp in defence. Was far surperior to Thaiday the whole game.

m1c said:
I can't believe Gallen got off for his late and blatant head high on Inglis at the end. What a rort. Should be 2-3 weeks with his record.
Ha! Hell will bend over before Gallen would get a 3 week suspension in origin period. He could take a players head off and they would find a way for him to play origin 3.

I thought he was a little below his best, certainly no reason to drop him though. Billy's always been good for one dropped bomb a game, not sure what everyone is up in arms about.

Anonymous person said:
good to see BHQ jumping back on the hate bandwagon after a loss lol.

I honestly cannot believe that people are saying that Harrison should be dropped or that hes 'out of his depth'! he was easily one of our best last night. took the hard hitups when we needed him too, tackled himself to a standstill, and is always running lines off thurstons shoulder.

and as expected, the slater hate comes out again lol. ooh he dropped 1 bomb, lets drop him!! far out. for most of the game he was on every single kick on the full, reducing the NSW kicking game to an afterthought. he single handedly stopped watmough scoring next to the posts, along with a few other trysavers. he made a 50m+ individual linebreak and almost got us a try from it. but no, he dropped a single bomb so had the worst game ever :roll:

inglis and taylor were the guys who were going to win us that match, running out wide at jamie soward - everytime we went there we almost went through, or did go through. the problem was that neither of them seemed like they actually wanted to do any work. i swear i only saw DT do about 4 runs the entire game.

parker played well IMO, but again, i have to question why hes in the game if hes only getting <40 minutes. bringing cronk on when they did was a bad move IMO.

old butterfingers thaiday was back out there last night too. made about 4-5 stupid mistakes within a 10 minute period that just absolutely killed us. it seemed that every time we would just get into their half or have them trapped in theirs, he would screw up and give them the ball back.

also, the reffing was $hit. numerous late shoulder charges on the QLD kickers that were let go. i dont get it - if you shoulder charge the kicker even while hes kicking, its a penalty........so shouldnt shoulder charging them a second after theyve kicked it be an even more obvious penalty? apparently not if youre wearing a blue jersey.

our play the balls were just atrocious. even when NSW did get off us in less than 6 minutes per tackles, our guys just took their time standing up, made sure their socks were pulled up, adjusted their hair, then put the ball down and casually rolled it back with their foot. they were all taking an absolute eternity!

gotta give credit to NSW. i thought their pack was too light, but we may have just witnessed a masterstroke from Ricky Stuart that might change how State of Origin is played for a while. big forwards are great, but when youve got 5-6 guys almost the same size that can play 80 minutes and are faster, hit harder, and make offloads, running our big boppers ragged.......you see the problem there.

i gotta say, this is the first time in 6 years im not confident at all going into a match, especially at suncorp stadium.

TLDR. I read about Thaiday.

I wouldn't be at all upset if we dropped him. He can't be relied on in pressure situations to hang onto the ball.

I love big Sammy, but a player of his apparent calibre shouldn't be dropping the amount of balls he does. And why does he end up with the ball on the 5th so often?

TBH, Thaiday shouldn't even be there on club form.

That said, I wouldn't drop him due to lack of alternatives. He shouldn't be playing that many minutes though, particularly when players in better form are playing less (Parker, Miles).

I'm now thinking we should swap Parker with Thaiday. Parker starts and plays most the game(if not 80) and Thaiday comes on as an impact role. Parker is in way better form than Thaiday.

broncospwn said:
I'm now thinking we should swap Parker with Thaiday. Parker starts and plays most the game(if not 80) and Thaiday comes on as an impact role. Parker is in way better form than Thaiday.

Yeah, I'd much rather have Thaiday coming off the bench.

Anonymous person said:

Pretty sure you're allowed to attack the kicker while he's in the motion of kicking, as long as you dont' attack the legs. I personally didn't see too much wrong with NSW attcking the QLD kickers.

If they don't want to get attacked so much they should take a leaf out of Sowards book and kick from further back. I mean how often do you see Soward get heavy contact. QLD kickers make the choice to kick it closer to the defensive line so they can get as much distance on the kick as possible. You take the risk, you've got to suffer the consequences.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.